The Fine Bros are Trying to Trademark the Word 'REACT'

Ken

Forum Staff
The Fine Brothers are trying to trademark the word "REACT" - and fans are accusing them of ''pulling a Taylor Swift'' by trying to use copyright and trademark law to control anybody who wants to make a ''React'' video.

They claimed they weren't trying to claim every type of ''React" video ever, but their trademark applications tells a different story. The classification they chose was broad and generic and could possibly cover all online videos.

Taylor Swift was laughed at by fans after her team tried to trademark the phrase ''This Sick Beat''.

I found this tidbit this morning :

Late last night the Fine Bros took down both their React World announcement and the subsequent calcification video. They also posted an apology message to Medium that states they will discontinue React World, release all past copyright claims and rescind all their "react" related trademarks.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Thanks for the update!

I was wondering what they were going to do after reading some news articles this week with statements like : Since their announcement on Tuesday, the Fine Brothers have lost more than 170,000 followers from their YouTube channel" and "I can't remember a channel that lost so many subscribers this quickly. At one point they were losing 10,000 an hour".

Honestly, they had no other choice than to cancel the whole thing.

A lot of damage has been done already over this trademark, it'll be interesting to see how they recover from it.