Roman Atwood

Ethan

Forum Staff
You know this whole time I had no idea what those 1000's of tubes were for or what they represented. I don't know why it surprised me to see it was just a promotion for a tubeless toilet paper roll heh. That has to be the strangest partnership Roman has even been involved with since the toilet stool.

Ken

Forum Staff
Agreed. I wonder why he took so long to explain this was all about tubeless toilet paper?

Also, his fish tank is really nice! The only thing I don't like is the angle cuts on the side - it ruins the logo. I understand they only had so much space to work in, but couldn't they have done something different about it?

If you haven't watched Roman's episode on "Tanked" yet - go watch it! The episode is called "Internet Tank Sensation".

Ethan

Forum Staff
I just watched Tanked the other day, it was really good. Also Roman seems really happy with it, so I'm happy for him. I will have to agree with the angle cuts on the tank though, seems a little off to me. But I guess they had to do something a little different or else it'd but just a standard tank.

I'm surprised Roman didn't hurt himself with those bike tricks off the roof. I know he lands in water, but some of those were literally face first heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Oh, I bet he felt that face plant .. but he used to bike all the time, so I'm sure that was nothing compared to some of the wipeouts he's been through. Also, is it just me or is his videos getting 3x more views lately?

I remember seeing him getting a million after 24 hours - it's only been 20 hours since his last video and he's almost at 3 million. It's not just this video, look at his previous ones. He must be making a killing in AdSense money.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I never even noticed about that till you mentioned it. He's completing killing it in the view department.

That purse sitting in the back of the pickup truck near the start of the vlog has to be a setup heh. No one would leave something that expensive just sitting there ..

Also I hope they go sky diving where ever they are headed too, summer doesn't last forever!

Ken

Forum Staff
I never thought I'd see the day where Roman and the Shaytards would collaborate. I know Shay's videos rubs a lot of people the wrong way (too many brand deals, pushes his clothing line on the viewers way too much, etc). It'll be interesting to see what Roman's viewers think of him.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I know Shay's videos rubs a lot of people the wrong way (too many brand deals, pushes his clothing line on the viewers way too much, etc).
That's exactly the reason I stopped watching them. I watched Roman's vlog the from the other day and even though he wasn't feeling well, it was still a fun watch.

I'm a little disappointed with shay though .. with all the millions he has the best he could do was stick them in the car garage to sleep and bring them to a rope swing? Lets hope he gets them out to do more than that after they travelled all that way to visit ...

Ken

Forum Staff
Is that a garage? The last time I watched Shay's videos I thought he was talking about building some sort of studio on his property (which I assumed they were in). I'm a little disappointed myself .. so far, they went out for dinner, was on a rope swing and built a ramp for RC cars.

I guess I just expected more ... we'll see what day #4 brings.

Ethan

Forum Staff
So am I the only one worried for Roman about the greatest giveaway ever?

Follow me on this one - raffling out a Telsa model X and using the money to help build a hospital is amazing. So amazing that Shay that didn't even make a vlog about it himself? In fact, the only thing he said was "watch Roman's vlog" at the end of his. Roman really needs to be careful about this especially considering Shay's past. I'm sure you all remember Vlogumentary - where he collected more than $200,000 from 5400 people to help make this movie. The biggest comments on the web about the movie were people wondering what was going on when they saw Shay pass the project off to someone else. Then everyone involved with the movie project just stopped communicating with the Indiegogo donors for months at a time.

I think that's why Roman was very clear in the vlog that this needed to be done right. He needs to ignore Shay and his 10 day deadline cause this is his good name on the line. It's very clear that Shay is distancing himself from this as much as he can (like the movie project) and that alone has me worried.

Ken

Forum Staff
He needs to ignore Shay and his 10 day deadline cause this is his good name on the line.
I'll have to agree with you there. Roman doesn't need any of that drama to ruin what he has going for him. If I were him, I wouldn't have even got involved with it. Other than it's for a great cause, why risk it - especially now?

Ethan

Forum Staff
If I were him, I wouldn't have even got involved with it. Other than it's for a great cause, why risk it - especially now?
I understand why Roman would want to be a part of this. It's probably the biggest giveaway to be done by a YouTuber (that I'm aware of). Lets just hope that everything goes well! If it does, Shay will be waving his hands in the background doing the usual "look at me and how awesome I am!". If it doesn't, it'll be like his movie project where he takes one step left and puts his hands up with "Hey this didn't happen on my channel, talk to Roman about it". Shay is a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them. He knows how bad this can go.

Think about it :
He bought a Telsa model X - waited 7 months for it to be delivered
Decided to raffle it off to help build a hospital
Kept everything about it off his YouTube channel and put it on Romans.
Is this not raising red flags to anyone else but me?

If it goes well, Shay gains tons of viewers from Romans channel which leads to more subs and more money.
If it goes bad, he wipes his hands clean of it (like he did with the movie) and loses nothing while some else (in this case Roman) is hung out to dry.

Ken

Forum Staff
Is this not raising red flags to anyone else but me?
Yeah, something isn't right about this. So far neither of them are talking about it right now - so it'll be interesting to see if this still even happens. It appears Shay received just over 200,000 new subscribers over this giveaway / collaboration with Roman.

Also, I think I just figured out why Shay isn't handling this latest giveaway .. looking at his YouTube stats, in July 2015, he received 95 million views on his videos. Since then, he has dropped down to 38 million / month. I wonder if this downward trend has to do with how he handled Vlogumentary?

Just for comparison purposes - Roman received 183 million video views last month.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I knew Shaytards was going downhill, but I didn't realize it was that much. No wonder he pushed this on Roman's channel. He has already taken a 40% drop in viewers in a single year on his vlogs, if this giveaway went badly it would literally kill his channel. Sure you could argue that he doesn't need the money - but anyone who has watched Shay knows he *needs* a spotlight on him to feel important. He pushes everyone aside and moves right in front of the camera when things go well, vanishes like smoke when they don't. Roman just really needs to stay away from this one in my opinion.

Edit : Also are some people really this stupid? It's ok if your a fan and want to run up and say hi, but if I was Roman and you grabbed my kids arm like that I'd put you in the hospital.

Last edited:

Ken

Forum Staff
if I was Roman and you grabbed my kids arm like that I'd put you in the hospital.
I couldn't believe he did that either. That's not acceptable behavior. I'm glad he filmed it and put it in the vlogs just so his viewers can see what he deals with on a daily basis.

As for the ring game, I knew they wouldn't win because they were tossing them completely wrong. To have any chance, you have to throw them slightly up in the air (laying flat) with very little movement forward. They were throwing them like a Frisbee - which gives you 0 chance to win. I've won on that game before, so it's not impossible!

Ethan

Forum Staff
He should still try the challenge for fun - my bet is it would take $200+ to win even if they were throwing them "correctly". There's things those gaming places do to make the odds even worse than they were 10+ years ago.

Ken

Forum Staff
Oh man ... I felt bad for Fousey! Roman dragged it out so long, it was making me uncomfortable lol

I wonder what that was all about at Google? I'm glad to see Brittney involved with it though. The camera guys were sure happy with her reactions. She looked like she was having a great time too!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Oh man ... I felt bad for Fousey! Roman dragged it out so long, it was making me uncomfortable lol
Your not the only one! Roman took that way further than I thought he ever would, but that was still really funny. I'm sure Fousey will try and stay away from drama so that doesn't one day become a reality, cause it could happen.

I'm glad Roman had a chill day - he's going to be super busy with his tour for quite some time!

Ken

Forum Staff
So .. Brittney bought a tanning bed from Amazon. I didn't even know Amazon sold stuff like that. I hoped she did her research on it - don't want to end up with a lemon. I also liked how she didn't know Roman was filming in the bathroom, and just walked in front of it lol

Also, Roman needs to film one of his shows and upload it when the tour is over. Just so all of us who couldn't make it can see what it was all about.

Ethan

Forum Staff
So .. Brittney bought a tanning bed from Amazon. I didn't even know Amazon sold stuff like that.
Could you imagine the size of the box it came in? lol

How did no one complain about them flying the drone inside the hotel room? Not just the noise the drone makes, but them yelling and it crashing into everything haha.

Ken

Forum Staff
Could you imagine the size of the box it came in? lol
Imagine the shipping charges! I wonder if she is a Amazon Prime member ...

How did no one complain about them flying the drone inside the hotel room?
I was wondering about that as well. They must of done the video early in the evening - otherwise I'm sure someone would have complained. Also, I loved the very start of their video yesterday - where Roman was pranking that he lost control of the drone. Too funny!