Roman Atwood

Ethan

Forum Staff
He did mention it took awhile to get it so I'm thinking he just did a copyright claim for it. Looks like a ton more work is being done on the channel behind the scenes so it'll be pretty cool to see it once it goes live.

Also I felt so bad for Cora today, she fell and hit her forehead pretty good on the floor.

Ken

Forum Staff
Also I felt so bad for Cora today, she fell and hit her forehead pretty good on the floor.
Yeah, that looked like a pretty good hit. I'm assuming her arms just gave out when she was crawling?

As for today, Roman has an apology video on Twitter for not posting a vlog. They were all in the car, so I wonder if they were off to somewhere special?

Ethan

Forum Staff
So he's for real quitting daily vlogging! I'm sure people are going to freak out, but not a lot is going to change .. at least for now. He's always about getting into the newest thing, so it's not like we are never going to see him. Like he said, he'll still be posting vlogs - just not every day. My personal feeling is that he's trying to shift to the Twitch market and see where that takes him. I think that is really smart cause many popular Youtubers are doing this and they are making a killing. Hell, even Fousey is doing really well over there and he was under constant attack on YouTube all the time.

Ken

Forum Staff
My personal feeling is that he's trying to shift to the Twitch market and see where that takes him.
I'm getting that impression as well. He has been spending a lot of time setting up his Twitch channel the past few days. I think he will do well on there, and more importantly for him there is no editing involved. When you're done with the steam - you're done. You can walk away.

This will give him more time to spend with his family.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I wonder how long it'll be till his next vlog. I went to check out his twitch channel and he has already done his first stream! It's over 3 hours long and if you want to watch the VoD of it], here's the link : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/238811955##

I'm just watching bits and pieces of it now, but I can tell you he will be very successful with this.

Ken

Forum Staff
Did he really get over 500 subscribers? That's crazy. If that keeps up, I'm sure the vlogs will be taking a bigger hit than they are now.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He's the only person I'm aware of that got a sub button before his first live feed. Usually for a "normal" streamer they would have to really prove themselves first. He's going to do very well.

Ken

Forum Staff
Roman did another live stream and at the end, he said he was only 15 away from 1,000 subs. It doesn't looks like we'll be getting a vlog anytime soon - or if we do, they will be far and few between. He mentioned on the steam how he liked that nothing had to be edited when he was finished for the day.

That's the second time I've heard him say it now ...

Ethan

Forum Staff
I haven't checked out the VoD of his last stream yet. I can see how he would really like this platform for many reasons. Imagine pulling out the camera 10-12 times a day only to have to sit down and edit it after. Now do that for years .. I bet this is a hell of a welcome break. He can go online, talk to people, play games with his fans and then at the end turn it off and call it a day.

Ken

Forum Staff
Still no vlog from Roman, but he was on Twitch again today.

I usually don't watch anything on there, but I watched about 30 mins today. One thing that caught my attention is that he was getting so many subscribers, it was just scrolling on his screen. Even if he wanted too, there is no way he could thank or acknowledge everyone. There was just too many.

So with that said, I'm pretty sure his YouTube career is coming to an end. There is no way he'll go back with the attention he's getting on Twitch.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He's probably worth a ton more if you include SmileMore into that. They are literally shipping out trucks worth of merch each day.

Ken

Forum Staff
That's great to hear, but I would almost prefer a shorter vlog. I really don't have the time to watch all that in one sitting.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I would imagine it's more than just him hanging out with the family. Maybe he's done some cool stuff when he's been away?

Ken

Forum Staff
I would imagine it's more than just him hanging out with the family. Maybe he's done some cool stuff when he's been away?
I guess we'll see when it's posted. If it's really a 90 minute vlog, it's going to take me 3 nights to watch it - so no spoilers!