Prank Academy

Ken

Forum Staff
Prank vs Prank's "Prank Academy" trailer has been released!

"We wanted to create a show where we were teaching some of YouTube's biggest stars how to pull a prank," says Jeana. "With our expertise, we were able to give them the tools to successfully prank someone. But it was up to them to follow our direction. Some people passed the Prank Academy and some failed."

To find out which YouTubers rose to the challenge, stream Prank Academy on YouTube Red beginning March 30th.

It looks really good! They mentioned in a previous vlog that lots of this content will be posted on their channel for free. However, I wish they wouldn't be cryptic about it. Just tell us what will / will not be YouTube Red exclusive.

Ken

Forum Staff
Jesse mentioned in the vlog last night the "meat and potatoes" of all the pranks will be on their channel.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'm happy they worked out that deal with YouTube. I'm assuming the "meat and potatoes" is just the prank and that's it. If that's the case, I'll watch it on YouTube Red cause I'd like to see the setup and post reactions.

I just noticed that YouTube Red is offering a free 30 day trial. I may sign up for that when Prank Academy is released on the 30th to see what all the hype is about.

Ken

Forum Staff
Just a reminder that Prank Academy is now available on YouTube Red.

Has anyone watched it yet?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Ok I just watched the first episode "Girl caught on fire prank". That was GREAT!

For real, waaaaay better than I thought it would be.

Ken

Forum Staff
It was really good! Just an FYI, you can watch them for free on their prank channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/PrankvsPrank).

However, you'll just see the prank and nothing else. The full YouTube Red version has them "teaching" the YouTuber how to prank (and setting it up) + assessing their performance afterwards.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Now that I have seen the 'behind the scenes' stuff with YouTube Red for the pranks, it wouldn't be the same for me if I just watched the shorter version.

Ken

Forum Staff
I agree, it just adds so much more to it. That's one of the reasons I subscribed to YouTube Red.

Ok, you guys sold me .. I'm signing up for it right now.

How many episodes of Prank Academy are out there right now? just 2?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yes 2 - and the second one is just as good as the first! Travis was freaking out it was great haha.

As far as I'm concerned, I already got my $10 worth this month just from watching those 2 vids. Anything else is just gravy.

Ken

Forum Staff
Clank, you won't be disappointed!

Also, YouTube should be giving us a brand deal or an affiliate link. ;)

Ken

Forum Staff
The new prank is up! I felt bad for Jesse on this one, but it'll be interesting to see how he gets Jenna back later in the series. I won't say any more about it, just in case you guys haven't seen it yet.

What did you guys think about it? Did you think it was too mean?

Ethan

Forum Staff
That was great! I did think it was a little too mean until I saw their vlog and he was laughing about it.

"Safety Stunt Coordinator" needs to get his ass fired though heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Agreed, no way it's "safe" to hang someone 90 feet in the air with one small hook. No backup safety line or anything.

Ethan

Forum Staff
That was a good prank heh. I was wondering if they were going to catch on since the table violently fell apart (probably more than they wanted it too).