Miami doctor suspended after throwing a fit in Uber driver's car

Ken

Forum Staff
Anjali Ramkissoon, a fourth year neurology resident in Miami was suspended by her hospital after this viral video showed her throwing a fit in an Uber driver's car.

The doctor has since apologized - and says that night she had a few too many drinks and had just broken up with her boyfriend.

Ken

Forum Staff
Thank you for posting the apology video! I couldn't find it on YouTube when I originally wrote this article.

I find it hard to feel sorry for her, I just have this feeling she's only sorry for getting caught on video.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'm going to have to agree ... I'm having trouble believing this is the first time she has done anything like this.

Ken

Forum Staff
This video has now gotten her fired. Ramkissoon's employer, Jackson Health System, has let her go.

The hospital has released this statement: "Jackson Health System is moving forward with the termination of Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, a resident doctor. She is entitled to an appeal process".

Ken

Forum Staff
Agreed, but why was she on administration leave for so long? It took them almost 3 months to make this decision.

Ethan

Forum Staff
She probably had to do something along the lines of Anger Management and then failed to show up X amount of times so they canned her. Yes this is all guessing on my part, but that's usually what happens.