Logan Paul

Ken

Forum Staff

Logan Alexander Paul (born April 1st, 1995) is an American social media entertainer and actor. He first gained fame through videos shared on Vine, in which he engages in physical comedy, including slapstick pratfalls and public splits.

Logan later branched out into acting in television films. He's guest stared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and comedies such as Weird Loners. His film work includes "The Thinning" on YouTube Red, and the adult comedy "Airplane Mode".

As of July 2017, his main YouTube channel has almost 8 million subscribers.

Logan has a younger brother Jake Paul, who also creates YouTube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG8rbF3g2AMX70yOd8vqIZg
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbwMZHCMpBiOWfYLBOH-9Qw

https://www.instagram.com/LoganPaul/
https://twitter.com/LoganPaul

Logan has been in the news lately for all the wrong reasons. His latest was creating mass hysteria at VidCon by hiding $3,000 and told people to look for it. That could have ended badly, with people stomping all over each other looking for it. I believe he was mildly injured as well.

Ken

Forum Staff
I've personally not see much of him, except when he is doing collabs with other YouTubers. Casey was just talking about Logan and Jake in his vlog not even a week ago. He mentioned that they did some stupid things, but still spoke very highly about them

Yes, I saw that video as well. I know Logan & Jake are "new money" and just going through the growing pains. I noticed they've started some businesses on the side, which is nice to see. At least they're not throwing it all away like Shay Carl pretty much did.

Honestly, who buys a ski resort and expects to make any money off it in the next 20+ years? Sorry for going off topic.

Ken

Forum Staff
No kidding right! Let's try to keep this thread on topic though :)

I don't think we'll have to wait very long before Logan is back in the news. Jake is getting all the attention now, and I don't think Logan will let that go on for much longer.

Sorry about that! I'm surprised that both of them have been keeping a fairly low profile outside the vlogs for a while now.

Well, that's one way to ring in the new year! I'm not sure what made him think that this was a good idea, but I'm willing to give him a free pass on this one because he's still really young and doesn't know any better. I can imagine he was focused on "being the first" to post something like this, and never once stopped to think if he should.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, he is young but should have known better .. or someone on his "team" should have stepped up and said something. This is a hard lesson to learn, as a lot of people are attacking him over this.

I don't know how I feel about the whole situation, so for once I will bow out and not comment any further on it.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'm not defending him by any means but this is something neither him nor the people he was with ever saw before. I think they all got caught up in the moment and never stopped to think things through.

Did he mess up? Hell yes he did. Should we burn him at the stake for it? I don't think so.

I've noticed his "Sorry" video has more than 32 million views now. I have a feeling this situation will actually give him more of a boost, rather than hurt him. Sadly, people will soon forget and find a new target to attack.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Has he posted anything recently? Or waiting for some other YouTuber to do something stupid and slide under the radar heh.

Logan still hasn't posted anything. His father posted a video stating he will be back soon. I've also noticed that Dr. Phil is defending Logan now.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Ya he goofed up and paid his price for it in my opinion. He should just get back to doing whatever he does and people should move on.

YouTube just dealt Logan a huge blow. He's been dropped from the YouTube Red comedy "Foursome" and he's no longer part of Google Preferred (the top 5% of most-viewed YouTube content). This means he's cut off from his main source of YouTube income.

Ken

Forum Staff
Are you kidding me? That seems a tad excessive. What he did was very wrong, but I'm not sure this was the right punishment for a first time offender.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I have to agree this is plain wrong. Mind you, I'm sure YouTube has several conversations with him since this has happened - and based on those chats came to this decision. Kinda makes you wonder what transpired in those talks to get to this point, doesn't it?

Kinda makes you wonder what transpired in those talks to get to this point, doesn't it?
I'm not sure it had anything to do with their talks. I'm sure it was the constant complaing to YoutTube for justice which forced their hand to do something about it.

YouTube has suspended all advertising from Logan Paul's YouTube channels. His continued bad behavior makes his content "unsuitable for brands". He's made jokes about taking the "Tide Pod challenge" and in his most recent video, fired a taser on a dead rat.