Game of Thrones "Spanish Spoiler"

Ken

Forum Staff
A man known as the "Spanish Spoiler" is uploading videos to YouTube and posting in Game of Thrones subreddits detailing the entire plot of the upcoming week's episode. He's doing this two full days before HBO airs the show.

Nothing about the Spanish Spoiler's descriptions is guesswork ... and HBO is onto him. The Spanish Spoiler's videos have all been taken down from YouTube, marked as a "copyright claim by Home Box Office Inc.".

But before the video gets pulled, a summary (translated from Spanish to English) makes its way to the all the largest Game of Thrones subreddits and spoiling things for everyone.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Honestly anyone who does this needs to get a life. I have never watched Game of Thrones (even though I may have to start since a few friends are threatening my life If I don't) but this whole thing is just stupid. It's right up there with the people who drive by movie theaters and spoil the ending of the movie to people standing in line.

Ken

Forum Staff
Well ... all his videos were restored. The DMCA claim was filed without merit - as his YouTube videos contained no footage, imagery or visuals from Game of Thrones. They were just videos of him speaking on camera, detailing his "predictions" for the upcoming episodes.

The "Spanish Spoiler" has released this statement :

"Hi everyone! YouTube has analyzed my counter notifications, has decided that the claims against me were invalid, and also have removed the strikes from my account. So basically, freedom of speech has ben restored! Thanks everyone for your support!".

These people just have nothing else better to do, and will do anything to get attention. What he doesn't realize is that by responding to the DMCA claim, all his contact information (that he had to fill in when doing a "counter-claim") is released to HBO.

Now, I'm not sure if / what legal grounds HBO has over this, but I sure in hell wouldn't want to be him right now.