Danny Duncan (DLV)

Ken

Forum Staff
Also, I heard that either Travis's mom or his wife's mom passed away recently?
It was Travis wife's mom who passed away. Everyone was confused because Travis said it was his mom in his IG story.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention that Danny has a new video up today. They went to a new water park and this was a fun one to watch!

Ethan

Forum Staff
So Danny hasn't posted any new vlogs in a long time. I went by his twitter today and saw he posted "Vlogs will come back lightly this week. Just enjoyed a long break. Thanks guys.". Did he mention he was taking a break or just disappear? Anyways I'm glad his vlogs are coming back.

In the meantime, Valentina has a new video up! She speaks half in Spanish and half in English. Different - I like it.

Ken

Forum Staff
Did he mention he was taking a break or just disappear?
He did not mention anything about taking a break, or say anything (until now) that he was even taking one. People in the comments section are convinced he quit vlogging. I'm glad to hear everything is ok with him, for a while there I through maybe his mom's health wasn't so good.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think he just needed a break. I just checked and he has a new vlog up about Carter crawling for the first time. I won't be able to watch it till tomorrow but I'm glad he posted something! It's been a long time heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Danny mentioned that he will only be vlogging 1 - 2 times per week now. He's going to focus on his family. I'm assuming his daily vlogs were putting a lot of stress on his and Val's relationship.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I honestly don't mind. Just from a content point of view it'll make things a lot more interesting. We've seen what daily vlogging has done to some channels ...

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, daily vlogging has killed a lot of channels. Someone as big as Roman is no exception either - his views are way down and that's why he's not doing it anymore either. I personally want to see more from Danny, but I completely respect that he's putting his family first.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah it's the channels that are doing 2-3 vlogs a week that will stand the test of time. Or like Casey when he keeps mixing things up.

Also, I think daily vloggers are going down cause sometimes it's just too much of that person / family.

Ken

Forum Staff
Also, I think daily vloggers are going down cause sometimes it's just too much of that person / family.
Yeah, vloggers are figuring this out fast and are changing things up. I noticed that mainly family vloggers (with kids) are still sticking with dailies.

Ken

Forum Staff
So it looks like Danny is not going to be vlogging much anymore. However, Valentine has been busy on her channel. I've not watched them yet, but I'll check out her latest ones tomorrow night and see what's going on.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Danny finally posted a new video. He's taking a little heat in the comments from a couple people thinking he only uploaded cause of brand deal commitments. I watched it and I didn't get that impression at all - It was a nice little vlog of him taking Cater to the kids Science Center thing.

Ken

Forum Staff
I watch it yesterday and it was really good! I read the comments and people were complaining about him being gone for 3 weeks, and it shouldn't have been necessary to throw a brand deal in his first video back.

It didn't bother me at all though ... I'm just afraid he's going to be MIA for another 3 weeks before we see another one.

Ken

Forum Staff
Wow ... Danny and Val are splitting up. I guess that explains why he hasn't posted any videos recently.

Valentina also posted one on her channel.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Oh wow … out of all the vloggers I watch these were the last 2 I ever thought would split up. It does explain a lot though of stuff that has been going on the past couple months.

Valentina mentioned that Danny can come visit Carter any time he's in town. I'm thinking she moved to Sarasota to be closer to Allie and other friends.

No hard feeling towards either of them but dam does this ever suck. Carter is not even a year old too.

Ken

Forum Staff
Valentina mentioned that Danny can come visit Carter any time he's in town. I'm thinking she moved to Sarasota to be closer to Allie and other friends.
Yeah, I'm sure we'll be seeing Allie in her vlogs when the guys are off on warped tour. It's too bad they broke up - I wonder what happened?

Ethan

Forum Staff
This seems to have been a long time coming. Just seeing him in other vlogs he's looks good and happy. I'm sure he's hurting over this - I don't know how to describe it ... like a weight has been lifted.

I wish nothing but the best for both of them.

Ken

Forum Staff
This seems to have been a long time coming. Just seeing him in other vlogs he's looks good and happy. I'm sure he's hurting over this - I don't know how to describe it ... like a weight has been lifted.
Yes, I saw this as well. I'm curious on how bad things were between them and how they were able to hide it so convincingly?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well I'm sure they were trying to work on it for a long time. Hell he even stopped vlogging so It certainly wasn't from a lack of effort.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well Danny finally uploaded a new video! I hoped he would have went in more about how things were going with him and such since the break-up.

He just launched in there about the soccer game he was going to watch. I'm not complaining at all mind you.

I'm also happy that Val was in the vlog for a min .. at least they are getting along still?

Ken

Forum Staff
I just finished watching it and noticed that he had disabled comments for his videos. I checked his Twitter and this is what he had to say about it :

why can't we comment on the this vlog?????

I’m not really open to advice or criticism right now but I want to continue to vlog Carter’s life. I’m focused and determined on a path and negativity will only get in the way. The comment section is filled with people (who think they know what happened) offering nothing but.