CTFxC

Ethan

Forum Staff
Today was a nice little faire vlog. I applaud how brave Allie is about going on those rides heh. This video really reminded me of when I was a kid going to these things and how crazy some of the rides were. Funny how after a few years I look back and think there's no way in hell I'd ride those now.

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm with you! As I get older, spinning things are no longer fun. I give Allie credit for going on some of those rides though.

I'm curious why they are spending money trying to fix the backyard again. It's the dog's urine that is killing the grass .. surely they must know this. They can patch all they want, but it's just going to die again. It's one of the perks of having a dog - it's destroys your yard.

Ethan

Forum Staff
It's time for me to take a break from watching CTFxC. His vlogs (overall) have got really depressing. I (like many others) are just watching these videos out of loyalty and not the content. His "grabbing titles" like "I can't do these anymore" and "Things will never be the same" with super concerned looks on their faces are nothing more than click bait. I don't wish them any ill will - I still think they are great people. However, they really don't listen to their audience and are just throwing spears out aimlessly catching anyone who happens to pass by. But when you get mad at the stupid crap they do before even clicking on the video it's time to move on.

Ken

Forum Staff
It's time for me to take a break from watching CTFxC.
I've been thinking about this myself the past month or so - especially after going on a rant about something I didn't like seeing them do. I'll admit the last 3 weeks or so, I've been skipping through parts of the vlog (which I never do on any vlog).

Today's vlog was really good though, with the exception of "we have some really great news ... but we can't tell you about it". To be honest, everything was great up until then but that rubbed me the wrong way. Why bother saying anything then? That's not going to make people keep watching each day to see what the "big news" is about.

If you're serious about taking a break ... maybe it's time I do as well.

N

Neelix

I love Charles & Allie, but I find myself watching them more out of habit than anything else now. I'm getting really tired of the clickbait titles and their latest one (it's never easy losing a pet) did it for me. I thought for sure either Zoey or Marley passed away. Charles knew people would think that, but he thinks it funny to play with peoples emotions just for the sake of views and adsense money.

He's now lost me as a viewer, and looking at his channel statistics on SocialBlade.com, it looks like I'm not alone. People are tired of this, and he's been losing more than 100 subscribers EVERY day for the last 2 years. The sad part is no matter what he does, I don't think his channel can be saved.

Ethan

Forum Staff
It's been 8 months or so since I have watched one of their vlogs. Looking at the graph, things were (are) worse than I thought they were. I honestly can't blame them for putting up even more intense click bait titles like 'losing a pet isn't easy'. My honest opinion is they know it's over. Allie is just helping Charles carry this 'world record' as far as he can but they call it quits.

Ken

Forum Staff
I see that Charles still loves to keep people hanging. He posted on Twitter 12 hours ago "Family emergency. Vlog will be late" - with no follow up whatsoever. I really do hope everything is well with his family … but if you have time to Tweet that, you have time to do a quick follow up tweet and let people know if everything is okay or not.

I really hope that this isn't a stunt to get people to watch his next video. We'll know tomorrow by just reading his comments section.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Looks like someone gave the Trippy family bad news that Koby doesn't have much longer to live. My heart goes out to them. Losing a pet after that many years is no different than losing a family member. What I don't agree with (and is why I quit watching them) is them forcing extra drama / suspense just for views.

Ken

Forum Staff
Looks like someone gave the Trippy family bad news that Koby doesn't have much longer to live.
You nailed it! I knew that was the case as well. Charles & Allie were bringing the dogs to his mom's house for a farewell. I'm sorry for their loss. It really sucks and I know exactly how they are feeling right now.

Clank

Did you guys know that Charles was on a TV show called "The Next Internet Millionaire"? Also, he proposed to Allie #1 in this video (at the 15 minute mark). I noticed Charles has hidden the proposal video on his channel, so here's your chance to watch it.

Ken

Forum Staff
Oh wow, nice find! We finally get to see who Allie #1 looks like. I wonder why he hid this proposal video on his channel?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Wait, he was married 3 times now - all of them named Allie?

Also he wasn't even close to having a million dollars back then so not sure why he was on the show.

Ken

Forum Staff
Wait, he was married 3 times now - all of them named Allie?
I'm not sure if he was married 3 times, but he proposed to 3 Allie's. That whole situation is really weird … but whatever, it's his life. I haven't watched them in quite sometime now, I hope they are doing well.

Ethan

Forum Staff
That's just so weird though, isn't it? heh

So tonight I just randomly decided to watch a video from them and I heard something I thought I would never hear. Charles is FINALLY starting to twitch stream. It appears that after almost 4 years he finally starting to realize that YouTube has changed and vlogs like his is not what people want to watch anymore. I do feel bad for him about this - but looking at his vlogs go from 10k views to 5k now I think even he realizes it's time to do something different.

Ken

Forum Staff
Oh, that's good to hear! I was wondering what their plans were. I knew sooner or later that vlogging was no longer going to be able to support them.