CTFxC

Ken

Forum Staff
It was nice to see Allie with Valentina today in the vlogs.
It looks like we'll be seeing a lot of that when the band is on tour next year. As for today's vlog, I really laughed when Charles said he always let's Allie film when they are around kids. I never thought about how bad it could look if he was doing it (with the tattoos and all).

Ethan

Forum Staff
Haha yeah - a guy wearing shades filming a bunch of kids is a quick way to get noticed.

I really enjoyed today's one-take they did. They should really consider doing it more often - like 3 times a week. Daily vlogs for that many years can be really hard. Not only just on the content side of things, but on their relationship. It's perfect for them - no editing needed, just 10-12 mins of their day doing something.

I don't know what exactly what it was, but I far more enjoyed today's video than a lot of them lately.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, it was good one.

Today's vlog had me really laughing when you can hear the whole string of Christmas lights come down. That was too funny! Also, I'm curious what Charles did with his new cat scratch post? I didn't see it anywhere in the vlog .. and it's a little too big to hide it.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think he took it back or moved it to her prison room heh.

Charles sure took it on the chin again for "click baiting" the title. Look at the way they joke about it, they know what they are doing heh. As sad as it's to say, they have to do it cause their channel is on decline. I used to get super mad about it too but they have to do something to slow down the sinking ship.

With that aside, I really like their Q&A today. It covered some good questions!

Ken

Forum Staff
This was a fun one to watch! It was nice to see Rica out an about. Also, I'm not surprised they didn't enjoy the fruit cake, I tried it once when I was really young and it was terrible.

Also, I think Allie did pretty good at baking .. she just needs not to walk away from the oven for any extended periods of time :p

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah as long as they don't lock Rica in that room - all is ok heh.

I watched today's vlog and not much was going on. Apparently they had a bunch of IRL stuff to do so it was just Charles washing the dogs and them going out to eat.

Ken

Forum Staff
So today was Zoey's birthday! I like that they take her with them when they go shopping at PetSmart. It's too bad she was nervous, I was hoping she would be grabbing all the stuff off the shelves.

Also, that was some crazy rainstorm they had at dinnertime. It flooded the parking so quickly. Did you see how the rain was pouring off the roof? That was crazy. I don't think I'd do very well in Florida .. it's just way too humid.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'm sure they get rain like that all the time though.

Today's vlog was interesting - Ripley's invited them to do judge a Marilyn Monroe look-a-like contest heh. I felt sorry for 90% of the contestants since there was a clear winner right out of the gate. Certainly a different vlog from what they normally do!

Ken

Forum Staff
Ripley's invited them to do judge a Marilyn Monroe look-a-like contest
That was pretty interesting! I was confused why some of them were even in the contest. I'm not trying to be mean, but you're right there was only one clear winner.

As for today's vlog, I'm glad they are sticking to the one-take Sundays. This will give them time to refresh and reboot. I wonder what they are up to in the next couple of days? It certainly seemed like they had something interesting planned.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well we all knew it was coming! The CTFxC PITA make up animal video! I knew with them saying absolutely nothing in the vlogs after the PITA up rise that they would somehow have to redeem themselves (or try too) heh.

I can't give them too much crap since they did some good today for that shelter. It would have been a bit better if they had more outside video with the animals running around and less of them packed into cages though. But that was a nice thing they did today (and kudo to Staples for sponsoring it).

Ken

Forum Staff
The CTFxC PITA make up animal video!
I was thinking the same thing! They must have been really concerned about how collaborating with PITA was effecting their reputation. In my opinion, they also should have addressed the PITA situation in this video. Saying nothing and hoping it gets swept under the carpet is not the right way to handle it. There was quite an uproar in the comments section about it too.

Ken

Forum Staff
Allie hands down won the competition with the ugly Christmas sweaters! It was done so well, they should raffle it off or have a giveaway. You won't find anything close to something that good or funny in the stores. That fire was spot on and the snowman was the perfect finishing touch!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah Allie totally killed it with that xmas sweater for sure! They totally need to eBay that up, I'm sure they could make some good money there!

I have to say that Charles actually looked pretty sick today. Not sure if it was a cold or just stress related, but he sure didn't look good. He needs to rest up a bit and get well soon cause his tour starts soon.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, Charles looked a lot better in today's challenge vlog. They sure made a mess of things, which was pretty entertaining! I couldn't figure out Charles strategy .. smother everything in icing and hope it sticks? :p

Also, they mentioned they are going to do something interesting tomorrow. I wonder what it is?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well I just caught up with the last 2 vlogs. The blindfold gingerbread contest was funny but these "helping others" vlogs they have done this week kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, them doing this stuff for the animal and the homeless shelter is fantastic. What bothers me if it took a brand deal (aka getting paid) for them to do it. So it makes me wonder if these brand deals didn't come around ... would they ever have done it?

Ken

Forum Staff
I agree, and I'm not trying to take away from all the good they have done, but it would have been better if they would have done this without the brand deals. People are going to look at that like "well, you are getting paid to do this".

Also, I never watched todays vlog in it's entirety .. something came up and I had to stop it. I'm not sure if I missed anything good from the half way point - onward.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He posted a 4 minute vlog today laying in the emergency room.

At the end of the vlog he mentioned they thought he was going through some post-seizure episode. I'm thinking he had a seizure the other day and just doesn't want to admit it. Cause if he does, they'll yank that drivers license out of his hands so quick and he'll lose a lot of his freedom and independence.

I hope i'm wrong, but if I'm not - I really hope he is honest cause he's drives a lot by himself now and if he has one while driving and hurts/kills someone he's going to feel a hell of a lot worse than he does not being able to drive.

Just my 2 cents ...

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm glad to hear Charles has been medically cleared. He also looks much better than he did yesterday.

I'm thinking he had a seizure the other day and just doesn't want to admit it.
I was thinking the same thing. I hope he would just be honest about it though. He looks a bit stressed, it's the same look he had after having a seizure. Who knows for sure, but If he did have one I hope he doesn't drive. I see in today's vlog he never got behind the wheel either.

Ethan

Forum Staff
The more I think about it, he's probably having panic attacks. If he did have a seizure and not reporting it, that's only going to hurt him in the long run.

Ken

Forum Staff
The more I think about it, he's probably having panic attacks.
That's possible, but I thought panic attacks just made you breath really heavy and feel like the walls are closing in. Anyways, it appears he's doing a lot better now. Also, Charles must have bought some really old cat nip in order for Rica not to have any interest in it.

If they want to see the true effects .. they need to buy a fresh catnip plant and tear a leaf off and bruise it a little by pinching it. Then give it her and see what happens. No cat can resist that!