CTFxC

Ken

Forum Staff
Agreed! I am happy to see all is back to normal today. It was a great vlog, and really happy see the dogs back in the water. It was really cute to see Marley grabbing the stick from under the stream. Also, holy moly were the dogs dead out after getting back.

Oh an Charles made a comment he couldn't believe it's free to stand by that tree. I'm pretty sure it's only free because of that huge gift shop sitting in the background. They're going to make their money one way or another!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Haha I was totally thinking the same thing. People come to see this tree and boom - super convenient gift shop 20 feet away heh.

They looked to be in better spirits today. Also super cool find for the Bates Motel ... looks kind of abandoned though .. I wouldn't want to stay there.

Their vlog was titled 'we are worried now'. What had them concerned? The only thing that stuck out for me is the volcano that hasn't erupted in 7000 years - But I'm not sure if that was it or not.

Ken

Forum Staff
Their vlog was titled 'we are worried now'. What had them concerned?
I think they were concerned about the volcano.

As for today's vlog, I think it sucks that Charles is sick, especially now on the road trip. That onesie Allie bought for him was amazing! I was laughing so hard when he came out of the bathroom. Hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow and they'll get back on track.

I wouldn't seeing that candy store the CTFxC'er recommended ....

Ethan

Forum Staff
He definitely looked better today. I really enjoyed this vlog to Yellowstone Nation Park. Honestly I was expecting more from old faithful though. I heard it can reach heights of 170+ feet. It could have been just their location so far from it though.

Also I hope the pups are keeping up ok, this has to be one hell of a long drive ... even for them.

Ken

Forum Staff
Honestly I was expecting more from old faithful though.
Yeah, that was pretty uneventful, wasn't it? The park as a whole looks great, and I'm sure the camera isn't even doing it any justice. It's one of those "you have to be there" sort of things.

Also, Is it just me or did those 15 days just fly by? It seems like that they didn't get to do too many things on this trip ... just did a lot of driving.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I would still call this trip of theirs a success. They were able to get out and see some amazing places. Sure there was a ton of driving, but that's half the fun of RV'ing.

Also I felt really good for Allie today when she was all emotional about the beauty of the landscapes. To me, that's the whole purpose of getting on of those vehicles and just getting out there and seeing this stuff.

Although I'm starting to feel a little bad for the dogs. Allie and Charles can make that choice on going for a 10 billion mile drive, they don't have that choice. Should be interesting to see how they react when they get home heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
I see they are dealing with more drama. People are upset that they titled the video "going through something personal" - but Allie doesn't want to talk about it. I can understand why people are upset. Why even include that 5 second clip in the video - or even title the video with it?

It's really hard to defend Charles and Allie on this one. Here is a sample of what is being said :

Jesters08joker said:
We can accept theirs parts of your life that you don't share. But you made this title fully knowing people where going to ask questions, or make assumptions. You could have said NOTHING till she is ready to talk or just not let us know. You cant get mad at people for commenting on something like this. Again you knew people would see the title, click it, then get upset when nothing is talked about. That's all on you. Your body language shows nothing except you've been on the road for going on 3 weeks and your tired. If you mentioned nothing, none of us would assume anything and we'd go on watching seeing where you go next.

Ethan

Forum Staff
That was very well said actually heh. This is definitely intentional - at first I thought they were just trying to stir up some drama to get more viewers to their channel (seems like that's what really popular these days). But now, It's seems like they are looking to find a way to quit daily vlogging and pinning the reason for their continual sub loss on the community and not themselves.

Just like today's vlog, "This is not a joke" with Allie all serious faced in the thumbnail. Someone please show me anywhere in the video that relates to the topic. I'm not mad at them at this point, I'm mad at myself for continuing to watch hoping things will change.

Ken

Forum Staff
It's seems like they are looking to find a way to quit daily vlogging and pinning the reason for their continual sub loss on the community and not themselves.
That's a fair statement to make, but I don't think that's it. I believe their biggest issue now (besides misleading / clickbait titles) is responding to the trolls in comments. The old Charles would never have done that. I'm not sure what is triggering him to do it now.

As for today's vlog, I'm glad to see them home and relaxing. The dogs look really happy too!

Ethan

Forum Staff
It'll be interesting to see how the vlogs transition after such a long road trip like that. It looks like even the dogs are taking some time to adjust heh.
I wonder how he feels about traveling all the way to New York then back to L.A so quickly after the trip.

It also was pretty cool to see Charles take care of that little bird. I really didn't think it was going to fly away after a knock like that.

Ken

Forum Staff
I really felt badly for Charles, I know exactly how he must of felt in that MRI machine. I'm pretty claustrophobic myself, and I would need medication before I got in to one of those machines. It's nice to know they have a panic button though - but sucks to have to start over from scratch after the fact.

Also, Allie is right ... with everything going on in this world, we need more positivity and love. What's sad is that I now try to avoid the news, but with social media the way it is now, it's hard to miss anything that's going on.

Ethan

Forum Staff
They would have to load me up with a ton of drugs before sliding me into a MRI machine. Those things are just loud coffins. He's actually having a rough couple days, first the MRI mini panic then the low fuel deal on his flight today. I hope the rest of his trip goes smoother. Also I don't think Allie was kidding around about needing time apart, they spent 3 weeks in super close quarters is not a bad idea to get some space for a bit heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Was it just me or was that a really small crowd for being the "Billboard 100"? I was expecting something much larger. It almost looks like that were playing in a back alley. No disrespect to any of the artists that performed that day, but I think the organizers could have done a better job.

Also, I can appreciate that Allie addressed a whole bunch of stuff, but I'm not sure if she really needed to explain herself. I hope she didn't give the trolls anything more to play with ... they've been having a field day in he comments section lately.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think there was more / bigger stages there than just that one. Depending on the size of the fan base and all of that junk (I'm assuming).

It's nice to see them finally doing a mail vlog though. I'm not going to get into a huge rant or anything, but "I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS DID THIS!" with a thumbnail of them looking amazed opening a box only to find out at the end of the vlog it's filled with some candy and a couple dog toys is super mis leading. Also, I'm surprised they haven't blurred out that poor girls address on the box that they put into plain view. It has her address, zip code, everything clear as day.

Ken

Forum Staff
I think there was more / bigger stages there than just that one. Depending on the size of the fan base and all of that junk (I'm assuming).
Ok, that makes more sense. I was tired when I posted and never even considered that.

It looks like all the YouTubers today were filming the eclipse. I believe Charles & Allie missed out on quite a bit by not having the glasses. I had them and saw everything with great clarity. The good news is that it's not "once in a lifetime" event (as their title suggests), there will be another eclipse in 2024.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I would never lay there with a cardboard box and stare at the eclipse for as long as they did. :eek: I'm sure that's some "safe trick" but I wouldn't trust it heh.

It was nice to watch today's vlog. Charles was showing Allie (and us) some really old and embarrassing / sketchy videos he did back in the day. It was great to see Allie's reaction to them heh. What surprised me the most is Charles showing the video's with Alli Speed in them. Allie didn't even seem to mind at all which I think is also super cool.

Ken

Forum Staff
What surprised me the most is Charles showing the video's with Alli Speed in them
Yeah, that surprised me too. I'm pretty sure that was intentional, but good for them not trying to hide the past. Anyways, today's honeymoon dance video was 100x better than I thought it was going to be! If you haven't watched, it - check it out.

Also, I'm glad I don't live in Florida .. that weather is crazy. I can just imagine the humidity too ...

Ethan

Forum Staff
Their 2 minute video of their trip was probably the best thing they have posted in awhile. It was light hearted and just fun to watch so I give them credit for that. It seems like their vlogs are a little more relaxed lately .. like they are not trying as hard and (to me) it's works for them.

Ken

Forum Staff
I have to agree .. the less they try, the better the videos turn out. Is there an ongoing issue with Apple laptops? I have an iPhone and was considering getting a MacBook Pro to replace my aging PC laptop. However, it just seems like Charles always has his in the shop.

Even when it get fixed .. it's not fixed.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'd stick with a pc myself, only because I have had nothing but bad luck with Apple products. They are far more expensive too.

So baby Carter had finally arrived! To be honest, I'm a little surprised that Charles would upload the video about this before Danny had a chance to announce it himself. I'm sure Danny said to go for it cause he'll have his hands full, but I'd feel a little weird being the first to announce someone else's baby. But at least they didn't show him. I'm just happy that Valentina and the baby are ok - that's what's most important.