CTFxC

Ken

Forum Staff
Big congrats to Charles for reaching 3,000 daily vlogs!

This was a fun one to watch. I like how went down memory lane and even acknowledged that his ex wife Alli Speed was a big part of the community. He showed quite a few clips of her, which really surprised me. Maybe after this video, people can finally stop hanging on to the past and move forward with him. What a journey he has been on ... and there's still more to come!

Ethan

Forum Staff
I have to agree - Him bringing up Alli a few times was pretty surprising yet nice to see him acknowledge her contribution to the vlogs. I think that's going to go a long way with all of his viewers.

Also it looks like his camping trip is only one week away. This one I'm particularly looking forward too since he's a bit of a klutz heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
It's be interesting to see how this trip turns out. I'm not sure they can fit everything in a 2 week window though, as they were going all over the map. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

On another note, I bet that slime is doing wonders to the pipes ... :eek:

Ethan

Forum Staff
That's one thing that really surprised me. I thought this trip was going to cover maybe a state or two. They are literally planning a drive across all of the US. Now that's going to be fun to watch!

Ken

Forum Staff
Ok, so this RV trip is sponsored and this will be their honeymoon. I was wondering about that. It looks like this have everything under control though. I'm really interested to see how far they are willing to drive in that thing. It doesn't look too difficult, but it's still a beast to turn in!

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'm expecting Allie to do most of the driving based on how Charles looked so nervous about it heh. I think he said they will be on this trip for 2 weeks - so that's a lot of traveling!

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, I assumed Allie would do most of the driving as well. I really hope they hit up all the hidden places and whatnot. This trip could really give a big boost to their vlogs, so it'll be interesting to see what happens!

I hope the dogs are not going to mind all that traveling through ... car rides are one thing, but a 2 week trip is another.

Ethan

Forum Staff
After seeing their first day on the road, I'm really pumped about this road trip vlog-a-thon. 16 days going across the states and visiting all those cool places. I really hope he wasn't kidding about visiting Roswell haha.

Also totally called it on Allie driving ... lets see if Charles gets behind the wheel tomorrow heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
This was a great vlog! I'm no longer concerned about the dogs, it seems they have adjusted really well. Even though they didn't do anything but drive in todays vlog, it's still really fun to watch. I'm excited to see what they are up too tomorrow!

Oh, I also hope they extend the trip for another week. That way nothing feels rushed.

Ethan

Forum Staff
The Caverns they visited today looked really cool. I know they were worried it didn't give it any credit on video, but you still felt the aura of the place.

Also I love Allie lol. Of all people she's worried about being abducted, it was her dog heh. I'm so glad they made it to Roswell and can't wait to see it in tomorrow's vlog!

Ken

Forum Staff
The caverns was really nice, and I'm sure the camera didn't do it any justice! As for today's vlog, I'm a little disappointed that Roswell didn't have more to offer for tourists. They should have had more to look at than gift shops.

I do appreciate them going there and if anything, a lot of us can safely remove that place from our bucket lists ... on to the next place!

Ethan

Forum Staff
I was expecting a bit more from there too - looks like everyone was just trying to cash in on the whole alien thing.

The Colorado mountains they were in looked really nice today. I felt a little bad for the dogs as they looked tired as hell when they got back from the hike heh.

Also, the sand dunes tomorrow should be a fun watch.

Ken

Forum Staff
The sand dunes were pretty neat! To be honest, I was expecting something larger but that didn't take away from how interesting they were. I'm assuming they are going to camp out there for a few days? I wonder what's next on the list ...

Also, that was really nice of Charles to do a restore on the guys phone so he didn't have to drive 3 hours to a Apple store.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I wasn't sure what to think when they mentioned sand dunes while driving in the middle of the mountains heh. But I'm glad they took the dogs back to the RV when they did. They looked a bit tired but also the sand looked like it was getting pretty hot.

I think that was their last day there and I don't recall them saying where they were headed next.

Ken

Forum Staff
I hope Allie is not getting burned out from all the driving. She looked really drained today. The 4 corners monument was really neat though! I think I've seen it before through .. perhaps in some movie? It looked really familiar ...

Also, If they are going through Ohio .. I wonder if they will stop by Roman's place to say hi and see Brit and the new baby?

Ethan

Forum Staff
I hear ya about Allie, she looked pretty whooped in yesterdays vlog but looked much better today. I'm pretty sure Charles has tried to contact Roman by now, but I have my doubts if anything will come of it since they are so busy as it is.

Really looking forward to seeing their hike tomorrow through the Canyon! I hope they don't leave the dogs alone for too long, it's not that big of a vehicle heh.

Also, what kind of McDonalds charges people $12 for 2 egg Mcmuffins??. It's like they are totally taking advantage of people cause they are pretty far from other places. Even in Canada they go for $3.89 ea max heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Also, what kind of McDonalds charges people $12 for 2 egg Mc Muffins?
Yeah, that was crazy overpriced! I guess they are so far away from everything that food delivery must be really expensive.

As for todays vlog ... I just knew when they were going down on that hike, they had no idea what kind of hike going back up would be. I was thinking the whole time "turn around now!". Also, that Flintstone Park was really creepy. We had something like that here when I was a kid, so it brought back a lot of memories.

Ethan

Forum Staff
That Flintstone's Park was kind of neat, but it just had a weird aura to the place. And as you can tell, not too popular since I don't think there was even one other person there.

Today's vlog was a little click-baity and it really rubbed some people the wrong way. Now I never thought they actually got robbed before watching the video ... but high gas prices in the middle of the desert wasn't really shocking to see or unexpected. I'm personally not upset about this, but they know very well how sensitive their viewers are about it so it really surprises me how they think this is a positive thing to do in any way.

On the happier side of things, I'm glad they still have a couple weeks left and really looking forward to all the other stuff they have planned.

Ken

Forum Staff
Today's vlog was a little click-baity and it really rubbed some people the wrong way.
They did it again today ... "Thinking of going home". Now this is real clickbait, as not once did they even hint or joke about calling the trip early. I understand what they are trying to do, but I don't think they realize the damage they are creating in doing so. It doesn't bother me, but It's hard to watch them makes things worse for themselves.

I enjoyed today's vlog, and curious how the rest of this trip pans out. Hopefully that will be the last of the misleading titles though ...

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well it looks like Charles finally snapped about the click bait comments. He posted this on his latest vlog in the comments:

CTFxC said:
mother. of. god. some of you give it a rest about "clickbait" its like thats the only word anyone knows anymore online. If its in the video or said its not clickbait, its a headline! why don't you go hit up the million other vloggers who do whatever you think way more often or extreme, A title is designed to grab attention! Allie felt like she could get lost in the woods emotionally and physically. give it a damn rest. I shouldn't dignify this with a response but I get frustrated people focus so much on the dumbest stuff and miss the cool factor of the video. next video I'm going to call it "this is click bait " you turkeys, one day ill do it and I can't wait to see lol. everyone else, thanks for being a normal person and just enjoying the video.
I think what Charles doesn't seem to get is when most other YouTubers do these click-bait titles, they actually have 'something' in their vlog to reflect it. "thinking about going home" and "robbed in the desert" with nothing in the videos giving it context at all is what has everyone all fired up. Personally, I think he's just frustrated that his road trip vlogs are not jumping starting his channel like he had hopped.

Even with that being said, I still enjoy watching the videos.