CTFxC

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think he was just excited that Canon was willing to do a brand deal with them after all of these years.

Looks like Mel is back into the dating game, they keep hiding who she goes out with heh.

Also, Charles is about to drop to 1.4 mil subs so I'm expecting a ton of drama to come of that and a few vlogs from them doing damage control.

Not too much drama yet, but they have officially dropped to 1.4 million. According to socialblade, they are losing 120 subs a day. Now with that said, I don't think they are too concerned about it. What they are probably concerned about is the drop on total video views - that's where the revenue is earned. At the very most, they had 28.6 million views per month. Now they receive only 2.5 million.

Also, when they say this whole "youtube" thing is effecting ever creator, that just isn't true. Roman Atwood, Casey Neistat and others are still picking up 5,000 - 10,000 new subscribers every day and receive 50 - 150 million video views per month.

Ken

Forum Staff
I couldn't see any drama tonight, it's possible that any of those posts were deleted.

As for today's video, they should really consider renting one before buying one. Just so they can get a feel for what they really want. Also, I see they were keeping Mel's boyfriend out of the vlogs still. I guess not everyone wants to be in front of the camera.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think they are different guys she has been dating and that's why the camera has been off them.

I can't believe the park would really charge $20 for a plastic 1 mm thick bag. Seriously talk about taking advantage of people!

It was pretty funny though, seeing Charles caught on all the flash cam's holding his camera vlogging on the rides heh.

If you haven't watched it, check out Danny's vlog. It covers some pretty cool Avatar movie themed park / ride. It looked really well done and I bet even more amazing in person.

Ken

Forum Staff
I can't believe the park would really charge $20 for a plastic 1 mm thick bag. Seriously talk about taking advantage of people!
Crazy .. but they know if you're there, you have money and they'll get it off you one way or another.

As for today's video, I was happy to hear they were going on a road trip to Memphis. That should make for some interesting vlogs. I'm assuming this was a sponsorship?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah for sure - it looked like a great little road trip so far. The dogs looked way more comfy than I thought they would be all packed into the back seat. Also I liked the way they left us on a little cliffhanger at the end of the vlog for tomorrow heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
So much for the cliffhanger! Today's vlog started as nothing happened in the previous vlog. I'm a little disappointed to be honest ... but I still enjoyed today's vlog. They managed to find a nice hotel with lots of room for the dogs.

I'm looking forward to the zip lining and whatever else they have planned for tomorrow!

Ethan

Forum Staff
I was surprised they never addressed what happened there in the next vlog.

That was one creepy bar they went to though . I wouldn't say it looked haunted, just super run down heh.

I felt bad for the dogs today, they have been cooped up on that B&B for a long time and when they finally get out they are terrified by those horses. I'm starting to wonder if leaving the dogs back home in someone else care might have been a better idea.

Ken

Forum Staff
That was one creepy bar they went to though . I wouldn't say it looked haunted, just super run down heh.
Yeah, that wasn't a very scary "Haunted Pub" .. but hey, whatever works to get the people to come in.

As for todays video, I really liked how there was so much more to their zip lining adventure than just flying down the lines. That place had a really nice obstacle course and everything. Also, that seemed like a fast trip, but I think the dogs are ready to go home.

It'll be interesting to see if they do the whole RV thing later this summer.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I'm still thinking they should have left the dogs back at home for this trip. They did a lot of neat things (zip line was probably the best imo) and the dogs were left in a strange environment for hours on end alone.

But today's "drive home" vlog was pretty dam interesting. Aliie was firing some pretty tough questions his way about his divorce, his tumor and about everything about his channel. I give Charles mad respect for answering those questions. I was a little confused though when Allie asked about "your a cheater!!" or something along those lines. When Charles and Alli got a divorce, everyone was accusing her of the cheating, not him.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah I'm still thinking they should have left the dogs back at home for this trip.
Yeah, they probably should have left them with Mel. I do understand why they took them though .... the girls are not getting any younger, and they want to make sure they spend as much time with them as possible and show them stuff they normally wouldn't see (aka snow last winter).

I do like that they are going to do a Q&A with Allie now. I don't think we'll see it before Vidcon though. I read some of the question suggestions and one of them was " Have you ever met Charles's Ex?". I doubt that will ever get answered, but who knows!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Wow they got her Q&A out there pretty dam fast. I knew there was some questions they weren't going to ask / answer but I'm surprised she was brave enough to take on some pretty serious ones. I really like these 'get to know me' vlogs and I hope they do more of them down the road.

Ken

Forum Staff
I agree, those Q&A's were really well done. I can see kids hating on people, but to say to someone that your going to sexual assault / murder them is just downright wrong. I really hope she contacted the police when people make statements like that. That's not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

Anyways, I really hope they film more of the meet and greets this weekend. In the past, it doesn't seem they really film much of them.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I hope she contacted the police too - stuff like that needs to be taken seriously.

As far as the meet and greets go, this vlog just had a 20 sec clip in fast speed of them meeting a few people like always. The other 10 minutes was spent them talking about how nice it was meeting people, but never really showed anything heh. But they did talk to a couple YouTubers so it wasn't all bad.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, they sure don't film a lot at these conventions. This time was mostly a vlog with them outside playing with RC cars.

It's just weird they don't film more with other YouTubers and such while they are there. I feel it's a missed opportunity. Don't get me wrong, it was still fun to watch - but it's like they are avoiding stuff and/or people in the convention center.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Not much, it was just their last day at Vidcon and then they went to Disneyland for a bit. That doughnut wall was pretty impressive though haha.

Also it appears they missed one of their meet ups. They seem pretty upset about it so I'm not sure how much hate they got for that.

Ken

Forum Staff
People can't be to upset about them missing a meet up, they walked around Vidcon on 2 separate days so people could meet them. I see that they are home now, and are talking a well deserved break. It was nice to see the dogs again too!

I wonder if they are still doing that RV trip sometime next month?

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think so, I know they said it would be soon (tm).

They should really just take some time and do nothing though, It seems like they are just creating projects to have something to vlog. There's no crime in having a little video where you take the dogs for a walk at the park and call it the day.

Ken

Forum Staff
Ahh I wish they would stop with the clickbait titles! It's really pissing people off ... I'm scratching my head wondering why they are still doing it when they are losing so many subscribers. Next time, add the word "shower" to the end of "Preparing for the baby".

The extra 10,000 views isn't worth it in the end! </rant>