Chumlee from Pawn Stars Facing Weapons & Drug Possession Charges

Ken

Forum Staff

Las Vegas Metro police has reported that 33-year-old Austin Russell, better known as "Chumlee" from Las Vegas-based reality show "Pawn Stars", was taken into custody today after a search warrant was served at his home.

While searching his home, investigators located at least one firearm and drugs. According to jail records, Russell is prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm.

The department's Officer Larry Hadfield said Russell is also a suspect in a sexual assault, though police would not elaborate on that investigation.

I really like Pawn Stars, but I don't like that they found meth and marijuana during the raid. You knew he was going to have a gun for protection though, whether he was allowed to have one or not.

I don't get why the court system even bothers setting a bail amount for celebrities. Seriously ... Chumlee's was $62,000 - that's like settings ours at $100. It's a joke, and he can easily afford it.

Also, what are they worried about? him skipping town? There is no place in the world where he wouldn't get recognized.

Ethan

Forum Staff
The hell he will. He's got a two day head start, which is more than he needs. Chumlee's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got his case dropped already.

The hell he will. He's got a two day head start, which is more than he needs. Chumlee's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got his case dropped already.
LOL I knew something seemed familiar with your post!

Ken

Forum Staff
Police are now reporting that they seized marijuana, methamphetamine, drug pipes and other paraphernalia, lots of ammunition, and 12 guns - including handguns, revolvers, rifles and shotguns. Four of the guns were registered to Russell (which is an issue).

Also on the report, Chumlee has a "Chum Chum Room with Dance Pole." In the "Chum Chum" room, police found and seized a "clear plastic baggie with white residue" and a "$1 bill rolled up with white powdery residue".

Ken

Forum Staff
Oh, I'm sure his lawyers has an explanation for everything already. I'm thinking at most - he'll get probation.

You're probably right. Chumlee was arrested on 19 charges of drug possession and a single charge of possessing a gun by a prohibited person. If that happened to any of us, we'd see some serious jail time.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Am I the only one wondering if Rick is sweating bullets thinking "God I hope I didn't leave anything of mine in the Chum Chum room"? ;)

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm sure there is a lot of people who are hoping they didn't accidently leave anything behind that can be traced back to them.

Ken

Forum Staff
Chumlee will not be not charged with sexual assault - as there is not enough evidence.

However, the D.A. will charge Chumlee with felony possession of a firearm and felony possession of a controlled substance. His attorneys got him a sweet plea deal though - probation and no jail time. The 2 felonies will eventually become misdemeanors once he completes probation.

The 2 felonies will eventually become misdemeanors once he completes probation.
What does a person have to do to get a deal like that? I've never been in trouble with the law before, but that doesn't sound like a "normal thing" that happens in our criminal justice system.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I bet Chum had Da Kine Bail Bonds on speed dial just in case! :p

They make U.S visits still don't they? With Chum money, I'm sure they would have ... hehe