Casey Neistat

Ethan

Forum Staff
Nothing up yet, but it's pretty early here still on the west coast.

I never got into watching Pewdiepie. This may sound dumb, but I could never get past how he says "hey guys, its Pewdiepie!". He makes that face & body expression like he got electrocuted and probed at the same time when he said his name.

Ken

Forum Staff
He makes that face & body expression like he got electrocuted and probed at the same time when he said his name.
LOL I shouldn't laugh at that, but you can't get a more accurate description than that. I've never watched his vlog - the closest I've got was watching an episode of "Scare Pewdiepie". After that, never watched anything of his since.

Casey has a new video up! However, it's less than 4 mins long .. but at least it something.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah he's back! How the hell he ever managed to convince Candice to do that little music video montage is beyond me haha. They was really cute to watch though, it's really different from anything they have ever done.

So he was actually back home for 2 days already before posting up these vids. I feel bad for them for having to get right back on a plane so soon. Especially Casey ... 12 more hours - yikes. Did he mention where he was headed too next?

Also I love that he said he wasn't going to get Cinnabon and then at the end of the vlog I see the container with a fork in it heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Also I love that he said he wasn't going to get Cinnabon and then at the end of the vlog I see the container with a fork in it heh.
I noticed that too lol

He is in Brazil right now and his Hotel room is really nice! He flew a long way just to stay for 36 hours and do a speech .. they must be paying him some good money. I see today's video has to do with Go-Karts - which is you know is going to be good!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah it looked like a great trip. The go-karts didn't look particularly safe though heh. I also felt bad for him at the end of the vlog talking off in a thunderstorm like that. I thought they usually grounded planes when it got that bad?

Ken

Forum Staff
I thought they usually grounded planes when it got that bad?
It certainly didn't look safe ... he didn't appear to be too comfortable about the idea either (and he flies all the time). His latest Columbia video is great through! His taxi / uber driver seemed like a really nice guy and was Casey's highlight of the trip.

I wonder where he is off too next?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Ya that Uber driver was cool. Wow he flew all the way back to New York just for a couple days? I bet it had a lot to do with those Boosted Board v2.0's heh. I think he's flying out again soon with Candice back overseas. I don't know how he can handle the jet lag so well with all those time zone changes.

Ken

Forum Staff
I don't know how he can handle the jet lag so well with all those time zone changes.
Yeah I'm not sure, as you don't see him suffering at all in the vlogs.

Those Boosted boards v2.0 are really fast. He was just flying down the street in yesterdays vlog. After you watch the vlog, make sure to browse the comments just to see how many people thought Francine was going to fall off the ledge - because they didn't see the glass (it was so clean). It's pretty funny.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Lol yeah that's some clean glass they had there.

If you haven't watched it yet, go check out his vacation recap vlog he just posted today. He did a great job of showing clips and go back and forth to the picnic he was having with Candice and explaining what was going on. I just thought it was extremely well done.

I will say one thing though - if I was ever caught in that bad of a thunderstorm on a boat *at night* that would be the last time I would ever set sail again haha. :p

Ken

Forum Staff
I really like the lighting on the Virgin Atlantic planes! It looks much more comfortable than most "your under investigation" lighting you see on most planes. I wonder where he is going .. and why would the company make him wait a day before he could tell us?

Also, Casey is dead on with the latest YouTube situation. YouTube has to be careful when removing monetization from creators videos (especially when it's a fully automated system). Twitter and Facebook will be more than happy to pick anyone up.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah YouTube needs to be very careful with that and be very open what is allowed and not allowed. Content creators getting surprised flagged is a road they don't want to go down.

Also a huge congrats to Casey on the GQ's New Media Star award! It just goes to show you if you work hard at something you love good things will happen! That hotel room he was in was top notch as well.

That was a really quick trip - I see he's already on another plane. I wonder where he's off to now ...

Ken

Forum Staff
Also a huge congrats to Casey on the GQ's New Media Star award!
Congrats indeed! They had some big stars on the stage that night too. That must of been a 5 star hotel he was at .. they did everything for him, including wait outside with him until his car arrived. I really liked how Google maps showed him it was going to take 1.5 hours to get in to NYC due to rush hour traffic .. so he took a helicopter instead. If anything, makes a great tax write off for next year.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I wonder how much that helicopter ride costs him. You know that can't be cheap heh.

Also another huge congrats to Casey on reach 1 billion views! That's one hell of a milestone! I'm happy he getting all those views, at least it'll pay for a new phone, watch, hospital bills .... that fall was costly. :p

Ken

Forum Staff
I wonder how much that helicopter ride costs him. You know that can't be cheap heh.
I just did a quick Google search, and it seems like it's about $200 .. so it's not too bad.

Also another huge congrats to Casey on reach 1 billion views!
Indeed .. that is a huge milestone! That's just the beginning for him though - as he's going to have 2 billion in no time at all.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Holy crap now he's making 360 vids with Karlie Kloss?? How lucky does a guy get haha. That was pretty entertaining vlog to watch of them doing their stuff throughout the day. Almost to a point where I was going to say Casey may be sleeping on the couch tonight till I saw Karlie give Candice and the baby a shoutout at the end there heh.

Is this all still related with the Samsung stuff?

Ken

Forum Staff
Holy crap now he's making 360 vids with Karlie Kloss?? How lucky does a guy get haha.
Lucky and unlucky ... his comments section is full of people bashing Karlie for being too flirty with a married man. It was a great vlog though, but people need to chill out about it. Yes, that video was all Samsung related stuff. I'm interested to see the final product.

I also really like seeing Casey and Candice in the vlogs together like his latest one. I like seeing how they interact with each other - and her reactions when Casey gets recognized on the street. You can see she is still no quite used to how much people love him.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I don't read the comments section for that very reason. I can only imagine how people flipped out about her being friendly. I may joke around about it, but in no way do I seriously think that she as being overly flirty heh. That's just her personality. The date vlog with Candice was really cool. I still can't see anywhere in the vlog where they kissed (like the thumbnail showed) so it has to have been the 1-2 seconds my eyes left the screen to reach into the potato chip bag.

The vlog he posted today was fantastic. What a great tour of sorts on just how fancy airplanes have become over the years. Mind you I haven't been on a flight in forever, but I would take a flight just to get on a plane like that heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
God, that Lambo is fast! I wonder how much trouble they got in for towing the skateboard behind the Aventador on that (closed) bridge? As soon as the security footage ended, the whole mood of the vlog went south big time. I've never seen that in his vlogs before. Casey was also apologizing to him for getting him in to trouble - more than a few times.

Besides that, the indoor ski hill was really neat to see. Also, how hot was that water he was hover boarding in? For him to actually say something about it, it must have been really something. I'm assuming that's because its always hot there all year round?

Ethan

Forum Staff
As soon as the security footage ended, the whole mood of the vlog went south big time.
Yeah your not kidding. I'm thinking they got slammed with some really heavy fines. Even when Casey was saying bye to his friend, he was like 'I'm ok now that your not here' or something along those lines. Even though he was smiling you can tell that whatever happened, it must have been pretty bad.

Casey is sure getting spoiled with the fancy airplanes. After this trip any flights he takes is going too seem pretty archaic. I'm curious why airport security made him erase all that footage though.

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm curious why airport security made him erase all that footage though.
Perhaps it has something to do with 9/11? Maybe they don't want people to have video layout of the inside of the airport. Anyhow, it's nice to see he's finally in Australia. I hope he has a chance to go around and film all the good spots. I'm sure we'll be seeing a good chunk of drone footage too. So far, it looks like a fun place to be!

On an off note, I really laughed when he said "If you make eye contact with strangers In New York City, you might get cut.".