Casey Neistat

Ethan

Forum Staff
Daaaaam that isn't a retreat house, it's a hotel heh. I'm curious though - on the flight down just as they landed, why was everyone clapping? I haven't flown in many years but never have I never experienced or even heard of that happening. Is that like a thing now?

Also, someone needs to smoke the weed in the coffee pot so Casey can put on a "who done it mystery party". I'm telling ya nothing bonds people together like accusations, mistrust and misdirection!

Ken

Forum Staff
on the flight down just as they landed, why was everyone clapping?
I'm the last person to ask about this, as I haven't been on a flight in .. 20 years? I've personally never seen that before, and have never seen it in any YouTubers videos either.

Also, those "speed boats" were sure poorly maintained. It's like these resorts don't even try anymore. I've seen the same sort of things on Roman's videos as well. He was stuck out a sea for hours on vacation waiting for a battery replacement.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Lets all have a moment of silence for Casey's Phantom 4 ........... Ok all kidding aside, that totally wasn't his fault and if anyone gives him crap about that they need a good slap heh. That was some really good underwater footage he got of everyone snorkeling. I'm a little sad we didn't get to see more of the weed in the coffee pot though, He could have done so many things with that heh ("Pot gone missing", "Who done it" etc etc).

Ken

Forum Staff
If anything, all those drones will make for a good write off come tax time. I really don't see why anyone would get upset or mad at him over this. If you want to be mad at something, be mad at DJI for not giving him any freebies / discounts - because he is one giant advertisement for the Phantom 4 ... and mostly-likely their best customer.

Ethan

Forum Staff
You never know ... maybe they have sent him a stockpile of 50% off coupons cause he just bought another one the other day heh. :p

Also lol @ "Drug dealers and strippers are the only people who carry cash". Was there just a problem with his card, or does Toys R Us really not take credit cards?

Then we have random people towing him on his board from a sailboat ... yesterdays vlog had everything lol.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I love Casey's demonstration of how the camera falls over when it's on the bendy tripod. You can just visualize some peoples rage every time that camera hit the desk haha.

So many people recognize Casey on the street. You have the owners of Manfrotto walking up on him while he's having lunch, and then police greeting him a vip pass with his boosted board on the way to see fireworks.

Looks like he just posted a new vlog "Why I always wear sunglasses" ... this should be good heh

Ken

Forum Staff
Just finished watching the sunglasses video - it was more informative than I expected. I'm not sure why people questioned him on it, I just thought that was just part of his persona.

Ken

Forum Staff
Now that was a good food vlog. I tried the McLobster for the first time last year and it gross. I wouldn't mind having one of those $18 Lobster subs they were eating. Also, did Casey go back in the employee only area to pick up those lobsters? It doesn't get any fresher than that!

Ethan

Forum Staff
I have never had a McLobster before and after watching Casey's vlog, I'm kind of glad I haven't. Now it's not because I don't like Lobster, but McDonalds always like to lather everything in high amounts of mayo ... and I hate mayo. Now that $18 Lobster sub, I would buy that in a heartbeat. That looked amazing! Also to answer your question, I do believe that was the back of Captain Scott's where he picked up the lobsters from heh. Casey needs to do more of these food comparison vlogs, they're great!

Also Coney Island rides look fun, but there's no money on the planet that could get me on any of them heh. :eek:

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - I used to be really in to the rides when I was younger. Now as I get older, I no longer feel invincible and it doesn't hold the same appeal. Instead of "oh this is going to be awesome!" .. it's now, "If something went wrong on this ride, there is 0% chance of survival".

Ken

Forum Staff
Is it just me or is that "Pokémon GO" thing getting way out of control? I still can't even figure out the appeal of the whole thing. Maybe it's because I just don't understand it. However, you know it's an issue when teams are tagging gravestones with spray paint promoting their team.

Anyways .. It's nice to see that Casey got the extra space he wanted / needs. Oh and yes, the "Movie stars prank the press" video was really good!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Ok I knew this 'Pokémon Go' thing was huge, but that's insane! Almost to a point where it's kind of scary, isn't it? People walking / running around like zombies staring at their phones completely oblivious of their surroundings. There's some real safety hazards here with this I think. Imagine how many people are going to be on their phones while driving (racing to get that Pokémon) now. So now you have the drivers not paying attention speeding along, and then people on foot not paying attention (like today, but 100x worse).

We are going to be hearing a lot more about this .. and not all good either.

Ken

Forum Staff
I saw a video of someone in the middle of the street of a bad thunderstorm trying to find one. He friend was screaming at him and I was just waiting for him to get struck by lightning. It won't be long before we see our first Pokémon Go related death.

And for yesterday's video .. that was the reason Candice was at the hospital recently? The dog actually bit her. It sucks they had to get rid of the dog after having it for so many years. They obviously did the right thing, as it wouldn't be safe environment for the baby anymore.

Also, I loved the new Q&A. I hope the keep doing more of them.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I really enjoyed Casey's vlog the other day. It had the worlds largest gummi bear, solid job application advice, a super mini drone, and a underground "Chinatown gambling ring" haha. The way that lady at the gambling table freaked out when she saw Casey with a camera was hilarious.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yes, he did give real solid job application advice. The illegal gambling was great too - they were quick to get him to turn the camera off lol. I wonder how long until it gets shutdown ... as Casey has a lots of NYC Police friends that watch his videos.

Also, I don't like how Casey has to justify what he says in the vlogs. Like he said, he's not the news and he's not going to bring up every tragic event in the world. That doesn't mean any of them are less important than the other.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Also, I don't like how Casey has to justify what he says in the vlogs. Like he said, he's not the news and he's not going to bring up every tragic event in the world. That doesn't mean any of them are less important than the other.
I don't like it either, but I'm glad he does from time to time. It's sad that if he doesn't say anything, people just come up with their own conclusions on why he never brought up X and doesn't support Y.

Candice is in amazing shape, far more than I thought she was. Her "sexy poses" by the water tap was the icing on the cake though haha.

Ken

Forum Staff
I see they were back at their favorite seafood place! I like when he orders, he doesn't mess around. That was 2 full trays plus some. Also, Candice looks like she really loved the helicopter ride. Good for him on keeping his promise!