Casey Neistat

Ken

Forum Staff
I just saw it tonight. That's a very long flight to only have your feet on the ground for 36 hours. I wouldn't do it .. even if it paid really well.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I feel like it goes beyond the money. He's making his mark in the world and I'm sure he loves what he does or he wouldn't be doing it.

Ken

Forum Staff
How long can he keep this going though? He has 2 kids now and I'm sure Candice is not happy with him being gone all the time.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I have a feeling he'll be moving away from NYC soon. Once 368 gets up fully and running there's no reason for him to be there full time. Everything can be handled remotely really.

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey has 2 new videos up! He shows what he was up to in Poland, which was really neat. He also gave away 100 Casey Edition Note 9's on his channel. I wish I knew about that a few days ago, I wouldn't of minded of entering in that one.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I just finished watching Casey's reaction to the Rewind video downvotes in YouTube history. I think he bang on with the points he made. They should still keep making them - even if they really missed their mark this time around.

Ken

Forum Staff
YouTube really needs to hire someone that gets what people really want. I have a feeling that something new will come out next year … and the vlogger community will migrate elsewhere. The creators will only put up with so much - as their voice right now has fallen on deaf ears.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I kind of agree that it's time for "the next thing" to come out. A new space for the creators to call home. Nothing lasts forever?

I wonder if Casey knows this as well - maybe 368 will play a part in that?

Ken

Forum Staff
I believe 368 will play a part in that, but it needs to be something much bigger for creators to leave YouTube over.

Also, Casey has a new video up today. He got to go through Elon Musk's new "Boring Tunnel". It was a fun watch, but it's too bad he wasn't allow to film much of it. He did get some great shots of it though!

Ethan

Forum Staff
You know I feel like we are living in a really special age. I remember learning in history class all about Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Thomas Edison … and the list goes on and on. I absolutely feel privileged to be a part of history and witness what Elon is doing for the human race. He has so many ideas and I can't wait to see what's next!

Also I feel I can't leave this post without mentioning Neil deGrasse Tyson. Just for having that special gift of sparking people's imagination and making science cool for everyone.

Ken

Forum Staff
I couldn't agree more! I really hope I'm around long enough to see this world turn around. We are taking steps in the right direction, but I think we need to move more quickly. It's a shame what burning fossil fuels is doing to our oceans and ozone layer.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Casey has a new video up where he's talking to Tony Hawk. I guess he has a new mobile game coming out and they talked about him skateboarding and just how his built his brand. Really fun watch!

Ken

Forum Staff
Thanks! I finally got around to watching it tonight. I wonder why he said Tony owns a billion dollar company? I looked it up and he's worth $140 million. Either way, he's obviously have done very well with his skateboards and video games.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I just love stories where people are able to take their passion and turn it into a living. Who would ever thought (back in the day) you could make a huge amount of money from riding a skateboard?

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, good for him doing what he loves .. and make a killing on it too!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Casey has a new video up! He's doing a review on the Tesla model 3 performance. For such a minimalistic car, it sure has a ton of power.

I hope I live long enough to see electric cars replace gas powered ones - it's long over due.

Ken

Forum Staff
I wasn't impressed with it. I'd personally get the Model S P100D. It was a nice review though!

Also, Casey has another vlog up today. He's in South Africa with Dan and they are doing various water sports.

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey has a new vlog up! I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but it appears he is giving up his studio to someone else?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah he's giving his studio up and quitting mail-time. He was just getting way too many things and it was backing up into multiple buildings. So I guess he's going to Ebay the stuff and give it to charity. I'm sure some people may not be happy with that - but if you think about it what else can he do? heh

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. How come I have a feeling his vlogs are going to end soon? It almost looks like he's tying up loose ends.