Casey Neistat

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey has a few new videos up! I really like the interview he did with Robert, but I see in the comments section people feel Casey's questions weren't really answered. I'm not a creator, but I feel he did address some of the big issues that are currently going on.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I thought it was a fun watch and it didn't feel to me that Casey was holding anything back with the questions.

Also, he has a new Valentines video up that was really good.

Ken

Forum Staff
I just finished watching the Valentines video and it was great!

He also talked about the school shooting that happened in Florida ... and that he'll have a fun vlog up tomorrow.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I just watched them a minute ago. Dam he sure gets a ton of mail still!

His vacation vlog was especially good since we really don't get to see Francine at all in the vlogs anymore. It's cool to see him get recognized wherever he goes and I'm glad he's still good about it and stays and chats with them for awhile.

It was nice seeing him take time to speak with the kids. You can see how much of an impact he has on the younger generation. You know that they'll never forget the experience, and that's what it's all about.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He has a new video up. I think I'm a day or 2 behind though. Someone took a bash at YouTubes new earning policy in a article and Casey was talking about it. At the end of the day it all comes down to business though. Casey is right, It's easier to start now than it will be next year, or the year after or year after that.

Ken

Forum Staff
You now need 1000 subs and 4000 hours of video views in order to monetize your videos. I understand why YouTube is doing this, but I do feel sorry for the vloggers who are just starting out. They might have to put out quite a bit of content before earning any income from it.

Ethan

Forum Staff
For some, those are unobtainable numbers. There's going to be tons of people who never make a dime off it.

Ethan

Forum Staff
So it looks like Casey is doing a lot more on his Twitch.tv channel lately. I didn't have time to see what he was up too but it was cool seeing him live for the few minutes that I was able to watch. It really feels like everyone is migrating over to that platform - they have to be doing something right over there. Also it'll be interesting to see how YouTube tries to encourage people to stay / bring back people when enough have left that they feel the pinch.

Ken

Forum Staff
Roman has now jumped on Twitch.tv as well. He hasn't streamed anything yet, but it's nice to see the big creators migrating over. There is just something about seeing them live - with no editing or anything.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah It's really looking like Twitch is the new platform everyone is going too. Just looking around I can see more and more I wasn't even aware of streaming over there.

Ken

Forum Staff
Here are the highlights of Casey's Live stream that we missed out on. It looks like they had all sorts of microphone issues.

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey has a new vlog today and he mentioned he's taking his channel in a new direction and he will reveal everything in the first week of April. He also mentioned that people were concerned that he was going to quit YouTube for Twitch - which he said was not true.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has planned - he seemed pretty excited about it!

I'm sure Casey has something special planned for us, and it'll be interesting to see what new direction he is going in. He sure seemed excited to share it with us.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He's taking a month off isn't he? But yeah, I'm super hyped to see what he has in store next. Also he gave a shoutout about what Roman was up too with his vlogs. Before that, Roman was talking about Casey in one of his videos ... I wonder how much they talk IRL.

Ken

Forum Staff
I wonder how much they talk IRL.
I assumed all the bigger YouTubers always kept in contact with one another. I'm willing to bet that they get / give advice to each other on days where they don't know what to film. There are probably some click groups out there too.