Casey Neistat

Ken

Forum Staff
I was nice to see Candice again! I wonder what is taking so long to get Part 2 of the vlog up? It's been 2 days now.

Casey finally uploaded Part 2 tonight. I work the late shift tonight, so I'll have to watch it tomorrow. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up.

Ken

Forum Staff
If you haven't already, check out Casey's eclipse vlog. It's definitely the best one out there out of all the YouTubers. It was really neat to see how dark everything got during totality. He had some really great shots of it!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I just watched that one earlier tonight. When it started pouring rain I thought the vlog was going to end with a big red fail on the screen heh.

Today's vlog was really good too. He met with a guy named Errol through the Make-A-Wish foundation. Casey loaded him up with a ton of gear and a boosted board and went out for a bit. They talked about what he went through and the charity his family has to help other kids who are going through what he did. Definitely worth the watch!

I finally had a chance to catch up, and his eclipse video is definitely the best out there of all the YouTubers. It's just the way he captures the totality is really amazing. I'm glad to see he is working with Make-A-Wish, and it looks like the kid got loaded up on some really nice gear.

Ken

Forum Staff
... and then Casey goes silent for 5 days again. I understand he's not a daily vlogger, but it's frustrating how he has these "spurts" and then doesn't upload for so long.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Just as you say that, Casey uploaded a new vlog today. He was flying to California (I think) and talking about the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I really think these phones are getting a little to big. Even with that said, it did seem to fit in his pocket pretty good. We shall see more when the IPhone 8 comes out and how that stands up to it.

Ken

Forum Staff
I just watched his latest vlog, and I'm lost for words. The water damage to Candice's parents house is insane! They have no choice but to demolish the whole house and start over. It's unbelievable how high the water got. You would figure the states that are in hurricane territory would have better methods of handling flood waters.

Just a heads up, Casey has a couple new videos up. I've only had to time to watch his trip to Vegas, but it was a really fun one to watch.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I watched that one the other day and the Ray-Ban video tonight. I know the glasses passes the initial check, but even seeing them on camera they looked cheap. I think Casey may be on to something here, and I look forward to the second look he's going to do on them.

Also it sucks that his Disney cruise got canceled, but you can't control nature. I'm sure they will go once the storm has passed anyways. I don't think this was a one time a year deal that was going on.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Didn't it look cheap in the vlog though? Something definitely looked off - unless your right and they changed materials and that was just Casey's way of calling them out on it. Now that would be funny.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Casey has a new video up talking with Candice about their Disney trip. I really like how he puts those video's together - it was a fun vlog to watch.

I was surprised how brave his daughter was going up to all those Disney characters too.

I appreciate how brutally honest Casey is about everything. He mentioned the first day was great, and the second was a disaster. Most YouTubers would leave that out and make it sound as if they had a perfect trip.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, that's what makes him different from everyone else. I still don't like how he takes these unannounced breaks through ...

Ken

Forum Staff
If you guys haven't been following his channel, Casey has 2 new videos up. I only had time to catch his Germany trip, which was a fun watch!

Ethan

Forum Staff
I'm trying to catch up on those now. I just finished watching his vlog about what he's going to do with all the extra stuff he has been getting in the mail. I think this is a fantastic idea - sell it on eBay and then use the money and donate it to where people need it the most. This is a win/win in my books.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, that is the best way to handle it. I just finished watching his "I can never run again" vlog and it sucks that his knee is giving him issues. It didn't sound good at all when he crouched down. I hope the MRI and the doctor has some good new for him.