Casey Neistat

Ken

Forum Staff
It appears Casey started a partnership with Charity: Water - a campaign with a $5,000 goal ($1,000 of which he donated out of his own pocket). In the first 24 hours, he has nearly tripled that goal with $14,064 from 932 donors - with 91 days to go.

Charity: Water is nonprofit that provides clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, it is a bit random.

Just a heads up, Casey has posted a new video (for those who are not keeping track). I haven't watched it yet, but just wanted to let you guys know.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Finally he posted something!

I don't know about anyone else, but when Owen was on that cliff ledge getting his picture taken my hands were all sweaty heh. If it was really as high as it looked, you'd have a lot of time to think about your mistake before hitting the ground.

Also, doesn't Casey ever worry about stuff like Maserati watching his vlog and seeing him tear up the streets with their car? Haha that was great!

Ken

Forum Staff
I wonder if Owen was really that high up - or if that was some great camera work. Owen didn't appear to be too worried about the height when he stood up to walk back. I think Maserati knew exactly what they were getting themselves in to when they lent Casey the car. I loved how he wasn't afraid to put the car to the test. I'm not sure if Candice was too impressed with it though ...

Now if Casey would upload a video like this once every 2 weeks, all would be right in the world. I sure missed his vlogging / editing style.

Ethan

Forum Staff
It's Owen's reaction when Casey yelled out "don't fall!". The way Owen looked down and reached for the ledge is what makes me think he was really high up heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey has a new video up! Is it just me or does it sound like we might get a video once a week from him? It sure sounds like he misses the daily vlogs. I'm not saying he'll go back to it, but we might be seeing a lot more of him - which would be awesome.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He just posted yet another one today! This time he's at some Nintendo event reviewing some new toy (I forget what it was called heh). I'm hoping this means he'll consider posting on a semi regular basis. What's up with wearing a helmet on the boosted board?

Ken

Forum Staff
Not sure why he started to wear a helmet, maybe he had a close call recently? He had no vlog today, but I'm not complaining as I am really happy to see that he is still around!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Casey has a quick video up today. I guess he's going to film Trump getting sworn in. In my opinion he should just raw vlog it.

Ken

Forum Staff
I just saw it tonight and I agree, he should record all the behind the scenes chaos. You just know people are going to try and protest it .. but I heard they are going to arrest anyone who attempts to do so. I hope he captures stuff like that.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He has another video up today! It's another quick drone review. In my opinion, the Phantom 4 pro looked the best for video. Honestly he just start just daily vlogging again heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
The Phantom 4 had the best picture. I do like how he broke everything down from cost to ease of use. If you haven't noticed already, he has a new video up and he's in Washington covering everything that's going on.

It'll be nice to see what he actually managed to capture in tomorrow's vlog!

Ethan

Forum Staff
His vlog from today was really interesting. He was speaking to the people on the streets away from the event. At around the 1 min mark, there was a guy he was talking to who said "You guys are fake news" and ran off. I take it that was a jab at CNN? heh

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, that was definitely a jab at CNN. I was a bit disappointed with the vlog though. I thought since he was out there, he would have done more and had a longer vlog. It was only 7 minutes long ... he had to have captured more than that after spending the entire day out there.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I see what you mean but I'm sure there was a ton of stuff that people said to him that he just can't put online. People are really divided on their feelings for Trump, it's really a love or hate and nothing in the middle kind of thing heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
I see Casey is still upset with Canon not fixing his camera lens. He even threatened them that he'll leave and use Sony instead. His new video compares the 2 cameras. I personally prefer the Canon one though.

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey has a new video up tonight - he's showing some old footage of him bowling in the basement of the White House with his kid.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Am I the only one thinking that bowling alley looked dated? You'd think if they were going to have something like that it would be kept a little more modern as the years passed heh.

It looks like Casey has another video up today. He's filming protesters and talking to people at JFK.

Ken

Forum Staff
The video of Casey filming at JFK is now #3 on the what's trending list. For such a short video, it's sure getting a lot of attention.