Casey Neistat

Ethan

Forum Staff
This is a pretty big issue with a lot of people. I know Apple is always progressive thinking when designing their stuff but that seems a little too aggressive. Did YouTube get a special deal with Apple or something? It seems like every vlogger out there bought that same exact new computer (and doing unboxing videos like its a promotional thing).

I see Casey hasn't posted anything for today - hopefully will see something tomorrow!

Ken

Forum Staff
I don't think YouTube / YouTubers have any special deal with Apple - I think it's just been more than 3 years since Apple's last laptop, so everyone was out to get the "latest and greatest" offer.

Still nothing from Casey today - I wonder if he's thinking about hanging up the YouTube camera or moving on to something else? He's been real sporadic with his uploads recently - with no explanation at all.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Ahh ok I'm a PC guy myself so I haven't been keeping up with all the latest Apple stuff.

I'm really wondering what's going on with Casey since he hasn't posted anything today either. I know he was talking about lots of other projects going on but this is even weird for him.

Ken

Forum Staff
It's a sad day .. but can't say I didn't see this coming - especially since he has not been uploading videos lately. I believe the reasons why he is quitting daily vlogging, but I also think there is more to it than just that. A while back he mentioned that Candice and him were in marriage counseling - and more recently, his daughter was sick.

What I am wondering is if Francine is ok? He never did update us on her status. I'm assuming the daily videos was putting on his marriage + kid being sick played a big role on his decision today.

Ethan

Forum Staff
To be honest I thought he was just going through a rough time. I had no idea this was leading up to him quitting vlogging altogether. He did say he would be posting stuff still on the channel though. I just hope he posts more than PvP does - it certainly sucks a lot more only seeing something once a month after used to watching something from them every day.

It's weird though isn't it ... all these super popular vloggers quitting around the same time?

Ken

Forum Staff
It just seems everyone is using YouTube now as a stepping stone to something bigger. I don't think they realize what an impact they have on the viewers who watch EVERYDAY - and what it means to us when they throw in the towel.

Perhaps that's why Casey called it quits early as well? To minimize the impact on the viewers?

Ethan

Forum Staff
I think he's calling it quits with the daily vlogging cause he climbed that ladder probably faster than anyone else out there. At one point wasn't he getting like a million subs in one month? To me this isn't a "I'm rich enough" and time to move on kind of thing. I really believe we haven't seen anything yet from Casey and really looking forward to what he has planned next.

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm surprised he hasn't posted anything new since the announcement. Wasn't he working on editing a vacation he took with his son? I was really looking forward to seeing it - especially after the teaser he gave us.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well it's only been 5 days so far. I'm thinking he was offered something too good to pass up and just working on getting into that. Hopefully he'll post an update soon so we can see what's up.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, he certainly dropped the vlogs pretty quick. I wonder if an offer / something big came up that he couldn't resist? Hopefully we'll get that update soon. I'm really starting to miss his vlogs ...

Ken

Forum Staff
LOL Jay, that was really well done! Did you make that yourself? This make me miss his vlogs even more though ...

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well we didn't have to wait long, his Vietnam video is up! I have to say it was a really well told story. Definitely worth the watch.

Ken

Forum Staff
I saw it earlier today and thought it was really well done as well. I don't think I could handle 100F nights with 100% humidity. I felt like opening a window just watching the video. I wonder why he made his son sit on those medal bars for so long before getting a pillow?

That must have been an awkward (and sore) couple of days sitting on those.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Haha yeah I don't think I could have survived a hour with those temps or humidity.

Was that Casey singing karaoke in the background audio when he was talking about how drunk he got on the ship that one night?

Also I mentioned this in the other thread but Casey uploaded a new video talking about the sale of his company. It answers a lot of questions.

Ken

Forum Staff
Was that Casey singing karaoke in the background audio when he was talking about how drunk he got on the ship that one night?
Yes, it sure was! He even mentioned that he was puking off the side of the boat all night.

I saw his latest video, and I'm glad he kind of addressed everything and didn't leave anything hanging. I noticed that A LOT of people hate / distrust CNN. Just have a peek at the comments section for that video, and you'll see what I mean.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well I'm sure people will ease up a little once Casey and CNN figures out what they are going to do with this "merger".

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, they might ease up on Casey - but the hate for CNN isn't going anywhere fast.

On another note, I wonder what / when his next video will be?