Casey Neistat

Ethan

Forum Staff
It looks like it may end up being a week or so. I guess he under estimated how long it would take to do it. He's pretty fussy about his work so I know he'll want to do it right.

Ken

Forum Staff
I had a feeling he might not make the deadline he set for himself for this video. He has so much other stuff going on, he just can't drop / ignore everything else and focus on editing. Also, how does he sleep at the airport and still be late for his flight? :p

The new mall under the world trade center looked pretty big! I wish he would have shown us more of it though.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Ya I was hoping he was going to show more as well. I see he never posted a vlog for today, so maybe he's doing more work on the movie.

Ken

Forum Staff
It appears Casey was busy doing a Halloween "Silver Surfer" video with Jesse in NYC. I watched the video last night and it was really good! However, I couldn't find Casey's "behind the scenes" video for it - maybe it's not up yet?

It was really nice to see Candice in the vlog again - and even helping with mail time. It looks they are going to go car shopping soon. I hope he films some of it.

Ethan

Forum Staff
The behind the scenes footage is up! Looks like he spent the better part of the day helping him out. I thought Casey was just doing the drone footage but it looks like he had a much bigger hand in it. They all did a great job putting this all together.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, Casey was handling a lot more than I expected as well. It was nice to see them collaborate with each other again. I figured once Jesse moved west to warmer weather, they would be off doing their own thing.

I see he doesn't have a vlog up today - maybe he'll have a another Halloween one tomorrow.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I really like the chest camera Casey had on today going through traffic on his boosted board. Was that a Go-Pro? Cause the quality was amazing. I sure hope he uses it more down the road.

I wonder what he's doing in L.A?

Ken

Forum Staff
I believe he was using the GoPro Hero 5. The video quality was amazing - and I loved the first-person view of him going down the streets. I see he has no video today either, so we'll have to wait and see what the heck he is doing in LA - hopefully later today.

Ethan

Forum Staff
It looks like Casey is there some for short movie YouTube wanted him in. It was really cool to see him walking around the Hollywood movie set at night.

I'm kind of disappointed in hearing the controls weren't as good on the Go-Pro since it clearly had the best video quality in his comparison test vs the Phantom 4. I know the software is in the early stages of development so it'll get better in time.

Ken

Forum Staff
That Hollywood movie set was really neat to see. He must be really busy making that video for YouTube as he didn't post a vlog today.

As for the Go-Pro Karma vs Phantom in yesterday's video, I did prefer Karma's video quality over the Phantom's too. The controls may need to be tweaked on the next version (and you better believe they will take care of that) - it will be the new drone king.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I just watched his vlog from today. He never said what he was doing, just showing him after he was done getting on a plane to visit his friend. It was a fun watch though, they went to a indoor surfing place and Casey pretty good heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
I see Casey's company created an "Exit Poll" App .. I'm just not sure how popular it will be though. How many people are willing to put themselves out there and state who they voted for - and why? Especially when it comes to these 2 candidates ...

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah to be honest that just seemed like an odd app to make.

Casey has a new vlog up. I never knew he sent his boosted boards away to get repaired. I always thought he just went out and bought a new one when one of them broke down.

That new drone he was using had amazing video quality - and a very impressive range heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
The new drone footage quality was amazing .. and it's only going to get better. I'm not a fan of that new electric skateboard that was sent to him. It sounded cheap and had a plastic look / sound to it.

As for the election ... I see Casey didn't look all that thrilled about the outcome. I think the result surprised everyone.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Just from looking how rough they were with it I don't think Casey or anyone else was too impressed with it heh.

Did you see how much they packed? How long is this film festival haha. Casey sure is lucky with all these really nice hotels companies get him. The only places I can afford is where I have to sleep with the curtains part way open to make sure no one steals my car overnight. :p

Ken

Forum Staff
Did you see how much they packed?
He must be up to something other than the film festival - as he didn't upload the video today. I'm sure he is working on something behind the scenes. And yeah, you have to love the money the companies are throwing at him though in order to come to the events. Nice plane tickets, hotels rooms, rental cars - and can I bring a friend? Sure - we'll give him his own room and everything heh.

Oh and that's no hate towards him whatsoever, Casey deserves everything he has and receives. He works his ass off.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah I agree completely.

Still no video uploaded by him. A little awhile ago he was saying how much he had on his plate (that he couldn't talk about) so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with any of those projects.

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm starting to wonder what's going on now .. still no new videos. I think someone mentioned his daughter wasn't feeling well .. I hope it's nothing serious. I see he's on Twitter, but he's not saying a whole lot.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Well he finally posted a vlog! It's odd that he never mentioned anything about not uploading a video for so long. Was this something that was recorded a few days ago and he just posted it now? It kind of felt that way when I watched it. Everything appeared to be ok though.

Ken

Forum Staff
Was this something that was recorded a few days ago and he just posted it now?
Yeah that footage was from 5 days ago or something? He had posted that wipeout on Twitter quite a while ago when it first happened.

As for today's vlog, I really don't care for the new MacBook Pro. How can you remove the USB and SD card slots? What was Apple thinking? Lots of people use it for Photoshop + video editing. Now you have to buy dongles just to connect standard devices to it?