Casey Neistat

Ethan

Forum Staff
Perhaps it has something to do with 9/11? Maybe they don't want people to have video layout of the inside of the airport.
Hmm never thought of that.

I really laughed when he said "If you make eye contact with strangers In New York City, you might get cut.".
I did too, only because he wasn't kidding :p

So he actually flew all that was just for a 8 minute speech?? Well I guess that's not too bad, he was able to have some fun with people over there and even got to ride on a 'fold out' motorbike heh.

Kudos for Rode microphones coming out there and hooking Casey up. That's pretty awesome when a company is willing to go the extra mile like that and hand deliver the package at night.

Also the dancing with girls at the end of the vlog - priceless!

Ken

Forum Staff
That was a great vlog! However I wish this latest one would've ended more on a positive note for him. If they allow a boostedboard in to the country, they should allow him to bring it back. That was $1800 worth of product they confiscated form him. I hope he raises a stink and get's the board back. If not, I'm sure boosted will right this wrong.

Other than that, it looked like he had a great trip and I am looking forwarded to see where he is headed next!

Ethan

Forum Staff
At the start of that vlog it showed a fan holding a boosted board all happy. I thought Casey got the board back from them and just gave it to someone outside but it looks like I was wrong. I hope he gets the board back but if he doesn't I'm sure Boosted will make sure he gets another one asap.

So that's what a $21,000 plane seat looks like! That was pretty impressive. How much Casey was loving the novelty of having a shower on a plane was great too heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
The seat was nice, but not worth $21,000 - even as a tax write off. It was interesting to see though!

That new GoPro Karma drone is going to be a Phantom 4/5 killer. The fact you can fold the wings and the camera is removable so you can use it to get ground shots (with a stabilizer) is pretty impressive. Also it's only $800 .. compared to $1,200 for the Phantom.

I see Casey has a new video up already ... haven't had a chance to view it yet through.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I agree, the GoPro Karma will seriously hurt Phantom sales. But lets not kid ourselves - you know Phantom has to have something in the works to compete with it.

That was a hilarious bit about Casey telling people to relax and stop harassing the Australia Airport about his boosted board. Kudos to everyone who was sending them stuff on twitter, I bet they weren't expecting that heh.

I'm glad he's back home and doing his usual vlogs, missed seeing Candice in them!

Ken

Forum Staff
So ... Casey's $22,000 airplane seat video really went viral. I thinks it's funny/smart he has Google alerts set to notify him if his name is mentioned in any news sites. Also, what was up with that 4K TV he just has randomly sitting in his workshop?

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah people send him all kinds of things to test and frankly just for advertising. I totally forgot to watch Casey's vlog tonight and it seems like I missed a good one. I'll catch it in the morning before I go to work and see what was so scary heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
I don't think the 4K TV was for advertising .. although it has made yet another appearance in his vlog. As for yesterday's video, that was some scary flood footage he has stored away. I was surprised to hear he was with Sean Avery during all of this.

Also, be sure to watch the Nantucket Project vlog. It was really good!

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah that storm footage was nuts! Was a really good watch just how crazy the water levels got and all the damage that happened.

That was so nice of that girl lending the 2 drone batteries to Casey. I'm kind of shocked to be honest of how poor Billy Corgan looked in that photo he showed of him. I just typed in his name into google and ironically enough the first thing that popped up on auto complete was "Is Billy Corgan alive?". Is he in poor health or something? I know its been a few years since I have seen him but he didn't look well too me.

The end of the vlog is priceless with Candice and them singing and dancing to baby's got back. One of the best endings for sure!

Ken

Forum Staff
That place Casey was staying at looked pretty amazing. It just had so much room. Also, I love how Casey and Candice interact with each other. I liked how he blamed her for moving seats in the restaurant.

Is his "trip around the world" over now? I thought he pointed to some other places on the map we haven't seen yet.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Actually that's a good question. I thought there was more places he was supposed to go as well.

I'm not surprised his $21,000 plane seat video has so many views. I liked the way he broke down why he thought it went viral. He just told the story so well and it was very entertaining.

Ken

Forum Staff
That DJi Mavic Pro drone was pretty sick ... how it just hovered in his workshop like that was really impressive! The camera quality was also really good. Some people are saying it's "too soft" of an image quality through. After a quick google search, it says it will fly almost 30 minutes on a single charge. I figured it would be around there, as that thing is almost all battery heh

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah the video did look a little soft but still really high quality. Casey had a really nice comparison video of 3 drones showing the different video qualities. In the comments of that video, People are saying if you tap the camera it'll focus and make the video much sharper. Apparently is was in the instruction manual and it was like a normal procedure to do.

Something that Casey missed? I guess we'll find out in tomorrow's vlog.

Ken

Forum Staff
It appears his missed that step, because the drone footage was amazing in yesterdays vlog! He never admitted to it to making that mistake though. That was really cool of Casey to let Marlan (UPS guy) ask for assistance on his vlog. The GoFundMe campaign is currently at $150,000 ($25k more than what was being requested). Awesome.

Also, a big congrats to Casey for reaching 5 million subscribers!

Ethan

Forum Staff
The GoFundMe campaign is currently at $150,000 ($25k more than what was being requested). Awesome.
Ya that's just fantastic! Makes you have some faith in humanity.

I wonder is Casey ever gets nervous when he see's mobs of people run up to him like that on the streets heh.

I was just going to say it hasn't been long since he got 4 million subs. But everything I'm looking up right now says it was Aug 9, 2016. That can't be right .. can it?

Ken

Forum Staff
I wonder is Casey ever gets nervous when he see's mobs of people run up to him like that on the streets heh.
I think he has to be used to it by now. Besides, most of the people who do that are young kids .. and he looks like he can hold his own.

How bad was Francine acting up on the plane? considering Casey had to go to the washroom to get a break from it and apologize. Also, I've noticed he taking the helicopter more often now heh

Ethan

Forum Staff
He must have a deal of some kind worked out with the company for that helicopter.

So is Casey really going to move to California in 2-3 years? I know he slipped in the word "maybe" but it sounds like real plans are being made here. I personally think he would miss NYC too much - he raves about it all the time heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
So is Casey really going to move to California in 2-3 years?
I think he is serious about that - as this is not the first time it has been mentioned in the vlogs. I think since now they can afford it, they want to live in state with warmer weather.

As for yesterday, I wonder what Casey was up to? He never posted a video yesterday. I see that his video today is up extra early ... I just haven't had time to watch it yet through.

Ethan

Forum Staff
I just finished watching his video and it's a good one!

Sir Mix A Lot's video about Candice dancing to his song in the car a few vlogs back was hilarious.

How does he always get so lucky with the 5++++ star hotel rooms? You could probably sleep 20 in there comfortably heh

Also I have a new respect for the Tesla. How crazy is it that not only will it open and close the door for you but also drive the car for you? This is stuff I had no idea the car could do.

Ken

Forum Staff
The Tesla was amazing .. I wouldn't get one, but I was really impressed with it.

As for yesterdays vlog, how insane was that? Even with a safety harness, I wouldn't climb down a rope ladder out of a helicopter. He got a really good photo out of the deal though. Samsung sure spares no expense when Casey has an idea of what he wants done. I mean just look at the hotel room they got for him ...

Also, big congrats to Casey for winning the "best first person series" streamy award!