Casey Neistat

Ethan

Forum Staff

Casey Owen Neistat (born March 25, 1981) is an American film director, producer, creator of popular YouTube videos. He started to post daily vlogs on March 2015 which can be found on his YouTube channel of 10 million subscribers (as of August 2018).

Casey is also a co-founder of social media company, Beme.

Casey and his brother Van are the creators of the HBO series, The Neistat Brothers.

https://youtube.com/user/caseyneistat
http://instagram.com/caseyneistat
https://twitter.com/CaseyNeistat
https://shopcaseyneistat.com

Ken

Forum Staff
I like his videos, he has a different editing style from the other YouTubers.

Jesse (from Prank vs Prank) seems to be stealing some of his editing ideas, so Casey is doing something right!

I noticed Jesse doing that as well. I believe he even mentioned it in one of his videos that Casey "inspires" him so he wants to do new things.

I've just finished watching his "Crashing the Oscars" video. If you want a great insight to what it's like to walk the red carpet, go inside places you never normally see - check out his video below.

Ken

Forum Staff
I was actually going to post this myself when I first saw it, but I got distracted with work and forgot.

Thanks for posting this, I really enjoyed the video as well!

I'm starting to watch his videos every night now, he just has a different way of vlogging that I find very entertaining (even if he's doing nothing).

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, I pretty much watch his videos every day as well. He's going to be one of those youtubers that climbs the ladder fast - just like Roman Atwood did, whose almost at 6 million subscribers now.

Ken

Forum Staff
Good job to whoever wrote "Happy Birthday" to him on the sidewalk outside his office, that was a nice to see. I love how he handled it too :)

Ethan

Forum Staff
haha ya, when he started his rant I was thinking someone stole one of his boosted boards or something.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Honestly, how does this guy not have more than 2.6 mil subscribers? Not only are his vlogs always great but his camera work / editing are second to none. He's the only person I have watched who can take a regular ordinary day and turn it into something very interesting and fun to watch.

Ken

Forum Staff
I think Casey will catch up to Roman Atwood in no time. Once you hit 3 million or so subscribers, that's when people really start to notice you.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Oh I know he will, it's just a matter of time. I guess I'm baffled how some vloggers can :

- Flick the camera on, run around flapping their arms yelling about nothing
- Insert a brand deal (usually 2)
- Cover their family in their merch they are trying to sell

THEN call it a vlog and somehow have more subs than someone with actual content ...

Ken

Forum Staff
I usually stick to a particular order when watching the Youtubers, but Casey is now making his way to the front of the list. :)

Ken

Forum Staff
I wonder if anyone from the NYPD is going to help him get his drone back? That is like $1500 worth of machine just sitting there. I hope no one else takes it, I want to see him get it back - cause you know he's going to film it if it happens.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Oh I'm sure it's in the works or he has it in his hands rights now.

In my opinion this is another example of a perfect vlog.

Overrated Youtubers should be taking notes.

Ken

Forum Staff
I guess he doesn't need to recue that drone ... as those companies are now sending him 3 at a time lol. It's niece to see he is giving away the latest batch - there should be some happy campers this week!