Casey Neistat Sold Beme App to CNN for $25 Million

Ken

Forum Staff
Casey Neistat has sold Beme Video App to CNN for $25 Million. This will allow CNN to tap into Casey's large, young digital audience.

CNN has stated that "Mr. Neistat and Beme co-founder Matt Hackett will focus on timely and topical video and empowering content creators to use technology to find their voice" starting in the summer of 2017.

Casey will retain control of all his personal social media channels and accounts.

Ken

Forum Staff
I guess that explains why he was quit doing the daily vlogs. I'm happy for him though! He has worked his ass off for all the opportunities that came his way. Also, I believe he's not done yet. He doesn't seem like the type of person that will settle for just this.

The money will allow him to push his career even farther.

Ethan

Forum Staff
He posted a new video explaining a lot about what happened with the sale of his company.

The money will allow him to push his career even farther.
I'm pretty confident he's set up for life at this point. But like he talked about in his video, there's more to the company than just him. So even though he doesn't get the full 25 million, I'm sure he gets a lot.

Ken

Forum Staff
Yeah, I'm sure he has to pay off his investors and who know what else. I wonder how badly he's going to get taxed on that money too.

Ken

Forum Staff
I never did think of that .. stocks would be the best choice. The you only get taxed on how much you cash out (I *think* that's how it works). If I'm wrong, please someone let me know!

I was really surprised to hear this when it was first announced! CNN is doing the right thing by giving Casey full creative control over it through.