Calum McSwiggan charged in connection to West Hollywood incident

Ken

Forum Staff
YouTuber Calum McSwiggan has been charged with one felony count of vandalism exceeding $400 in connection with the West Hollywood incident where he claimed he was brutally assaulted by three men after leaving The Abbey nightclub.

He has previously been charged with one misdemeanor count of filing a false report to a peace officer related to the same case.

On June 27th, Sheriff's deputies responded to the scene after McSwiggan called 911. However, they could not find any visible injuries on him. Moments later, deputies arrested the 26 year old for allegedly vandalizing a nearby car - damaging the mirror and bumper.

Last edited:

Ethan

Forum Staff
I wish I had something clever to say but I have no idea who this person is. So I tried to save some embarrassment and looked him up on google and YouTube - still have no idea heh. Based on how few views / subscribers he gets on his channel, I'm leaning on the side of a publicity stunt.

Ken

Forum Staff
I'm not sure why the news source referenced him as a YouTube Star (not to be mean) - but to be labeled a YT star and only have 64,000 subscribers is a bit odd. I'll fix my post.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Whoever reported that didn't have a lot going on that day so they had to dress it up to appear they one upped their competitors is what I'm thinking heh. Unless Calum phone tipped it in himself .. that's still possible.

Ethan

Forum Staff
Yeah it doesn't matter who did what or what the intention was - it literally changed nothing.

You don't see that too often heh.

Ken

Forum Staff
Calum has pleaded guilty to vandalism (in an incident in which he claimed to be the victim of a hate crime) and was sentenced to three years of supervised probation and 52 anger management sessions in the US.